Chapter 18

Recap from Chapter 17 ~

He takes a deep breath but the pain is too much; it bubbles up and spills out of him as a harsh sob. "I'm telling y- you this, our daughter is a fighter. She's stubborn l- like her father but she never, ever, once give up. So you too, must not give up!" Taehyung said at the same time crying so hard he can't breathe, terrified and aching. Jungkook holds onto him but it doesn't do much good.

"Ssh my love.. and of course baby, she's my girl, I know. But there is only so much the human body can take. At this point, all we can do is wait.." Jungkook says confidently although his voice full of anguish and pain. Jungkook isn't strong, not him.

He can almost feel himself cracking. He can feel his heart bleeding when he wipe the tears from Taehyung face before he gently pulled the love of his life forward to lay with him on the bed. He wants to hold Taehyung for a second longer. When Taehyung tried to pull away, Jungkook asked, "Tae.. Stay? Please?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook pityingly. He pouted at him. Now Taehyung is thinking, happily ever after is a cruel joke, and, how do you tell someone you love you're never seeing them again?

_____

"Dada!"

Hanie step into the hospital room, run towards Jungkook bed, she climbed up onto the bed and crawled over to sit beside her dada and hugged him.

"Dada, don't shleep here long long, can we go out for ice cweam? Pwease?" She asked playfully with Tata & Cooky plushies clutching on her arms.

"Of course." Jungkook pulled her towards him and kissed the side of her head, "Have you been a good girl?"

"Yeah!" Hanie nodded. "Mama say, if Hanie good girl, mama bwing Hanie to see alot alot of fwowers!" (flowers)

"Yes, yes you're a good girl. Now go and wash up quick quick, later uncle Jimin, uncle Yoongi and auntie Ara is coming to take you out, remember?" Taehyung said softly. Smiling at how obedient his daughter is.

That morning, Hanie is so cranky to have her bath, so Taehyung decided to just pack Hanie stuff and bring along to the hospital so she's able to clean and changed herself.

After Hanie got off from the bed slowly and make her way to the bathroom attached in the room Jungkook stayed in, Jungkook moves to sit on the edge of the bed and pull Taehyung into his arms, making the younger sits on his laps,

"Hey Taebear.." Jungkook soothes, brushing Taehyung hair out with his fingers until its messy again. He held Taehyung close to his chest and gently rubbed his back.

Taehyung was loving it because he was whining and whimpering, "I missed this Jungkookie.."

Their snuggling moments about thirty minutes were cut off after they heard the bathroom door squeaks open.

"Dada? I'am done! I bath myself!" Hanie said with excitement as she set the bags she was carrying to hang on the night stand but she couldn't reach it so Taehyung carry her up. After Taehyung put her down, she runs back to Jungkook.

"Wah.. You did well my baby. Dada so, so proud of you." Jungkook gave her a kiss and set her down when a knock is heard revealing the three closest person to Taehyung.

They're here to bring Hanie out for lunch. Hanie gave a flying kiss to her dada and mama before leaving with Jimin, Yoongi and Ara happily.

Taehyung suddenly feel a pair of warmth arms around his waist. Realizing this was a losing battle, he decided to enjoy this rare moment of peace and quiet in the hospital room, hoping no doctors or nurses drop by for a routine check up, yet.

"Tae.. The past years without you, have been horrible.. If I could, I'd go back and change all of this. I'd never have left you,"

Taehyung felt the tears welling up in his eyes. He felt Jungkook's lips press ever so gently against his right shoulder and there was that dull ache throbbing in his chest.

"I hate you, Jungkook" The words slipping out almost effortlessly.

"Aren't you going to turn around to look at me, Tae baby?" Jungkook murmured as he closed his eyes, sniffing the strawberries scent on Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung felt a lump at the back of his throat refused to go away no matter how many times he swallowed.

They're silent for a second, almost as if wondering which words to choose carefully in this situation. We're not supposed to spend our moments this way...

This time, Taehyung couldn't hold it back any longer. He whipped around to face him, snapping, "I thought we had said our goodbyes that day at the cafe—"

But the words dried up in his throat and the tears he had been fighting so hard to hold back pricked at the corners of his eyes.

Jungkook smiled almost sheepishly, glancing down at the white shirt Taehyung had on, he unbuttoned the first two buttons with no hesitations,

"You're still charming as ever" Taehyung said and he had never wanted anything more in this very moment than to leap in Jungkook's muscle arms.

"And you're still beautiful.." Jungkook replied in a hushed tones. Taehyung smiled, the corners of his lips turning up ever so slightly and Jungkook wondered how it would feel to never see it again.

Agony knifed through him as he looked around the hospital room, cold and clinical and he hated it. He hated that this would be their last memory together. That their love would die within the four walls of this very room.

"You know that I love you, right?" Taehyung asked, the words sounding like a cry. Like an aching cry for help. Jungkook smiled, before nodding ever so slightly.

"I- I can't l- live without y- you or w- without Hanie. N-no I can't lose you both," Taehyung stuttered, stumbling over the words as he sobs again.

"Shh.. I know, I know, I can't live without you or Hanie either. I know I didn't tell you I loved you enough.. But I love you, only you, no one else Taehyung.."

Jungkook whispered, pulling Taehyung closer, trying to quieten the younger one. The sounds of sobbing, heaving is filled in the room.

Everything else they wanted to say dried up. There was only love. Love...

And the pain that came from it. Jungkook looking down at him through wet lashes and tear streaked cheeks.

Taehyung looking at him too, as if Jungkook was the only thing that mattered in this world and they're both actually trying to find a way to make things right, before it's too late.

PS: sorry for the short chapters 😨
anyways.. thank you sm for the support on this book. I love you......

 I love you