Chapter 5

It has been two weeks... Taehyung is back to work, even though tired anf fatigue seemed to flow along with the blood on every part of his body, he still needs to work.

Now it was already approaching twelve midnight, and Taehyung still outside distributed fliers till he totally forgot about the time.

That explained the lesser trains and the number of people passing by and left him sitting alone weakly on the seat, looking at the reflection on the glass of the opposite side of the train.

Hanie was recovering well from her pneumonia, her body temperature has also dropped back to the normal levels, and she was no longer having violent coughing fits.

They had also got the results of Namjoon compatibility tests, either matched or not Tae has to wait the arrival of them but for now, Hanie was getting much better and he could not ask for more.

Taehyung smiled to himself relief flooding his chest.

"I've not seen you smile for once ever since we met again for a long time." A soothing deep voice interrupted his thoughts, and he looked up from the bench to see Jungkook in front of him. 

What is he doing here suddenly?  Tae smiled up at him again,

"I was just happy. It's just.. wonderful that Hanie is recovering well. I cannot be more thankful for this. For now, it's one down, but there are more to go."

Jungkook took a deep breath and hold both Tae's hand, "We'll survive this, Tae. We'll fight our way through together,"

At that point Taehyung just realized the sense of security which Jungkook simply had provided for both him and Hanie but he can't help but think of their painful memories.

"Survive? Fight? Things do not work just because you think they will, Jungkook. We don't always succeed--"

Tae was quick to point out in a bitter tone. Before the realization of saying too much once again hit him as he saw Jungkook face was expressionless, and he thought Jungkook must have been offended by his outspoken blunt words.

Taehyung mentally cursed himself for being such an idiot as Jungkook was already being a big help to him atleast he did not deserve those words. The silence was making him nervous, and he started thinking of how he should offer apologies. -

"Jungkook, I, I didn't mean what I said. I wasn't thinking properly. Y- you know how I tend to talk without thinking s- sometimes, so it just blurted out like that-"

"You're right, I don't always succeed," Jungkook said, his face still expressionless.

"It is because you blurted it out that I knew you meant the truth" he continued, "If only you gave it a thought well before you spoke.. I know very well what you are referring to, Tae. Our failed marriage. Correct?"

Taehyung exhaled softly. It was useless to fight over it when it was the truth. Tae just nodded,

"I've failed my first marriage and I d- don't wish to failed as a mother to my only daughter," He could feel the tears coming again. This had to be the greatest dilemma he had ever faced since the divorce incident;

"I.. I don't want her to die, but-" Taehyung started crying again and suddenly, being around Jungkook was becoming incredibly suffocating.

He needed to run from everything.
"S- sorry, I have t- to go, I need some time alone,"

Everything was so messy, life was playing such a cruel joke with him and he did not know if he could take it any longer. Taehyung always told himself he would do anything on earth to save Hanie. If he could die in exchange for Hanie's life, he would.