Chapter 3

Walking down the corridor, they came to a brightly lit ward, pinky walls with four beds in there.

Jungkook instantly identify his little girl dressed in cooky pajamas; Sitting up in her bed by the window, playing with cooky soft toy and placing plastic biscuits and fruits on her bed and form of a little tea party.

"Hanie, baby? See, dada is here to see you.." Tae softly said and the girl large brown eyes widened in surprise at the man standing before her;

"Dada?" Hanie said then her nose turned red as she started to cry.

Jungkook quickly came forward and wrapping his strong arms around his daughter's weak frame and lifted her up from the bed that reeked of medication and antiseptic wipes.

"Where d- did you go f- for so so so so long, dada?" Hanie cried as she buried her face in Jungkook's neck, "Is it becosh y- you don't like Hanie a- and mama?"

Hearing her saying that made his heart crush, he totally felt purely agony.

"Don't go a- away again, dada..." She pleaded, before adding a sentence that almost cracked Jungkook and Tae's hearts, "N- next time you go away, you must tell Hanie, okay?"

"Dada not going anywhere, I will be here with you alright? I promise," The childish voice of his child was so full of innocence; somehow he realise he missed that voice so much.

_______

After Hanie was soundly sleeping and Jungkook scheduled for a bone marrow compatibility test the next day, they walked out of the hospital together.

"Koo- I mean Jungkook, thank you for today. It means a lot to her. I've not seen Hanie so happy since a long time" Tae said awkwardly.

He shook his head slowly. "I am her father, its what I should do. Let's go home it's so late. We have to come back here early morning tomorrow,"

before he could walk out towards the direction of the car park, Tae told him that he's going another way which is the bus stop just outside the hospital.

"Tae, I'll send you home. It's dark and it's not safe for you—"

"Thank you for your offer, but I've been going home by this way for the past two months. Don't worry, I'll be fine and also because we are divorced, you don't have to be so nice to me,"

Tae smiled forcibly, bowing politely "Good night," and Tae walked away with a heavy heart.

It has been a few days since Jungkook went for the compatibility test. Tae resting on the comforter chair next to the bed,

he sighed heavily and giving a kiss on Hanie slightly puffy cheeks before he fell asleep as he is too exhausted by the mental and physical stress he was suffering.

Suddenly he was awaken because Hanie was crying and screaming, demanding for her dada.
There was nothing Tae could do to calm the emotionally-disturbed child.

It broke his heart to see his daughter suffering like that, and he could not help but send a silent plea to the gods above to stop tormenting Hanie.

Hanie stop crying immediately as her frail-looking hand was reaching out towards the door, and her eyes were shining with a joy;

Tae turns to look at the door, his heart did a little leap when he saw Jungkook standing there, holding a large teddy bear up.

"Hanie-ah.. see dada kept to his promise, getting you a teddy bear. You should keep your promise too right? Will you promise to be a good girl and listen to what mama tells you?"

Hanie nodded and hand reached out for Tae; "Mama, Hanie is sowie. Today Hanie vewie bad girl..." Hanie pouted and Tae returned a smile to the child,

"HANIE!!"

Came another girly voice from behind. It was Ara. Tae's bestfriend. She greeted them and brought out two large picture books from her bag, "New story books for you! Do you want to read them together with me?"

Hanie made a move to nod, before looking up at her dada and mama.

"Baby, dada and mama will be outside for awhile okay?" Jungkook said  and they both walked out together to the lobby. Somehow, the seriousness in his voice and whatever he was about to say just makes Taehyung more nervous.

He did not speak up immediately, and it felt as if he was deep in thought. "What is it?" Taehyung broke the silence first, "Is it about our child?"

Jungkook took a deep breath...
"I received the results of the compatibility test.."

He looked into Tae's eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes were something he loved so much, shaped to the point of perfect measurements. They were still beautiful, but it looked so sad now.

"It was a half-match," Jungkook replied in a soft voice. "Not enough for a bone marrow transplant."

Tae could feel the tears rising as the horrible news kicked in. Jungkook bone marrow could not save Hanie and now what other hope was there for the little girl?

How can she be saved? His little girl was really going to die.

"What am I going to do now?" Tae sobbed bitterly, "She is only five! She has such a long way to go! I told her she will get well for sure. I- I am such a useless mother!"

"Taehyung! You are already doing your best!"

Taehyung choked back a sob, "And now o- our final hopes are gone! I really don't know h- how long I can hold on like this alone. I am already not thinking about the money issue b- but right now, it seems th- that no amount of money can save her! I am so tired... I- I don't know if I can take it anymore-"

His sentence died as Jungkook pulled Tae into a tight hug, pressing him close to him with his hand placed on the back of his head.

"You will not be alone anymore. Because I'll be with you and Hanie from now on. Every burden, worry or fear you have, I will share with you. Don't worry about the money issue too. Just leave that to me. Do you understand me?"

 Do you understand me?"