Chapter 20

Recap from Chapter 19 ~

Taehyung touched the ring on his fourth finger and replaying those short and quick moments when Jungkook slipped in the ring onto his fingers. A tear slipped down his face. He thought he would never see his daughter smile or hear her angelic voice... He's afraid that he's going to lose Jungkook too. He was so lost!

"Fear not, Hanie. Mama won't leave you.. Everywhere I go, I will sure to bring you along with me" Taehyung said softly to his child as he plant a small kiss on Hanie's forehead and lips.

_____

Then, tears start prickling in his eyes, threatening to fall down his cheeks, as I heard Taehyung lets out the last word... "I'm leaving Jungkook. You know I can't live without Hanie. I'm bringing her along with me. Don't worry about us. But, if you're suffering, come to me. Hanie and I will be waiting for you Jungkook-ah"

"Will you be here if I come back?" I asked with a louder voice, because suddenly a strong wind was buzzing around us. Taehyung just nodded at my questions and I can only watched Taehyung goes further back with Hanie on his arms. I tried to grab Taehyung but I couldn't reached out, something harden my movements. I started to hyperventilating, I can't breathe, it hurts so much. Out of sudden everything goes black.

___

Jungkook woke up from his nightmares feeling like he'd been run over by a train. He feels like his chest has been cut open, had a log rammed into him, and then been sewn shut again. It was scary.

He was hoping for visitors... perhaps Taehyung is with Ara preparing for Jimin and Yoongi upcoming wedding? Even his older brother Namjoon and his two buddies, Seokjin and Hoseok is not around.

Then someone enters the room. He was tall, with an athletic build and a kind face, dark hair, wearing red sports jacket and three quarter jeans. In his arms was a small bouquet of flowers. "Jungkook? I'm sorry, can I sit down?"

Jungkook frowned. "Of course. I'm sorry if I just don't remember, but.. Do I know you from somewhere?"

"No, I don't think we've ever met. My name's, Jay Chou. Nice to meet you,"

"It's nice to meet you too, Jay. I hope it's not too rude to ask why you're here? I mean-"

The visitor, Jay got up and put the flowers he'd brought next to another, much fancier bouquet. "I- ah I hope it's not too straight forward of me, bringing flowers when we- I've never met you before." He said sounded nervous.

Jungkook was probably as pale as ash and he looked really terrible, besides he needs Taehyung so bad, like right now! Not this stranger! He was trying desperately not to call on nurses and get this man out of the room, but because the man came visiting him with politeness, he decided to just let it be.

"It's alright, thanks anyway. So what brings you here today?"

"You've just gotten a new heart." Both Jay and Jungkook face drastically fallen.

"How did you know about my heart transplant?"

"I'm really sorry, I really don't have any business being here, but-- I had a fiancé, and, um, this is sort of weird for me because, you've got... You have her heart. You've got Tiffany's heart."

Jay took a shuddering breath and cracked a weak smile, staring down at his sneakers. "It's weird for me. Like- I know she loves you, Jungkook, not me. But we got engaged somehow.. " There was a silence after that.

Tiffany is engaged? Shit. Shit! What did she even lie to both parties? And now she donated her heart to me? In my heart now is replace with Tiffany's heart? How? What had happened?

Jay closed his eyes and and a tear fell into his lap. "Please, take good care of your new heart. I'm sorry, excuse me." He pushed his chair back and stood up, starting for the door quickly. Jungkook called after him, wincing as he tried to sit up but the man already left.

____

His breathing and the beeping sound from the monitor was all that he could hear. He was focusing on slowing it down, inhaling without it catching too much. He needs someone by his side. Then a few people enters his room.

Jungkook sighed and smiled at them. "Joonie hyung, Seokjin, Hoseok.. what took you guys so long to visit me? I've been awake since hours ago okay..." Then he froze mid-fold when he caught Seokjin and Hoseok looking at him wit glistening eyes. Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"Hey.. what's wrong, guys? You're all teary"

"It's Taehyung.." Namjoon whispered.

Jungkook was staring at him, eyes wide as silent tears streamed down his cheeks. He doesn't know why he's crying? His lips formed a hard line and he stood up to a sitting position slowly with Hoseok's help.

Namjoon took a deep breath in. He told his younger brother that he can grieve and he can take his time but he's not allowed to pretend everything is alright.

"Is he here? Outside? Can you get him.. I need Taehyung now, please!" Jungkook voice was rising with panic.