Chapter 6

Flashback

That night was just like any other, but something was off. Taehyung was unable to handle the situation any longer. He couldn't keep pretending everything was fine while rubbing his seven-month-old belly. He despised the lies that were told to him on a daily basis. 

After their divorce was finalized, Jungkook allowed Tae to stay in their large bungalow house, but Tae felt empty and cold, no longer a safe haven, no longer a witness to their love. Taehyung stared at the walls, replaying every memory in his mind.

For example, when they were baking chocolate chip cookies and got into the shower together after playing with flour, or when they were setting up their first Christmas tree and went too far with the lights, causing a short-circuit and having to spend their first Christmas as a married couple with a candle-lit dinner and a dark tree.

"Where have you been?" Tae asked after clearing his throat. 

"With Jin & Hoseok, I told you?" Jungkook said checking his phone.

"Can you look at me when I'm talking to you? I just want you to tell me the truth--" Tae snapped

Jungkook sighed, "The truth? What are you talking about? Do you want me to call them so they can confirm that I've been there all day?"

"Since when does Jin-hyung or Hoseok-hyung use that sweet perfume, Kook? It smell like shit, I hate the smell and I know you must be with Tiffany all day!" Tae yelled before he covered his nose because the smell made him felt nauseous.

"Taehyung! Stop this nonsense. We are divorced and be grateful enough that I let you stay here for a few months since you're nowhere to go! And yes I'm out with Tiffany but why does that matters to you anyway?!"

"Now I don't care where you're gonna sleep tonight, you can go back to your ex, Yoongi his name right? Go, just go." Jungkook stomped his way to the bedroom and slammed the door shut, ignoring Tae's voice calling out his name as Tae continued to knock on the door.

A year later.. Jungkook officially gets engaged with Tiffany.

After much pleading from Namjoon, Taehyung finally agreed to let Jungkook communicate with their child via Skype because Tae had told them he was moving to the United States with Yoongi.  (Taehyung is still in Seoul, but in a remote village, because Tae used that excuse to avoid Jungkook, who keeps bothering Tae that he needs to see his daughter, whom he rejected in the first place)

Two years pass, Jungkook singing all the nursery song to Hanie. Three years pass, Hanie shows all her favourite toys to her dada,

After four years, the father-daughter relationship remains unbreakable. They talk almost every night, and Jungkook would read Hanie bedtime stories or sing lullabies to help her fall asleep.

Into the fifth year... Finally, Taehyung confronted Jungkook and asked for his assistance. Except for Taehyung, Hanie and Jungkook have been communicating for the past five years.

End of flashback

A/N:
Now you know why it's hard for Taehyung
to be nice towards Jungkook? Jungkook left pregnant Tae for Tiffany. Also because Jungkook is not ready to be a father.

Taehyung only fake his smile and act to be nice because Hanie needs her dada so bad. Hanie missed her dada alot. So for the sake of her daughter, Taehyung has to accept every help from Jungkook but that does not mean Taehyung has forgiven Jungkook.

Jungkook being nice and kind to Taehyung, what does that mean? How about Tiffany? What fate is this? Hmm.. 😪