4

☆

"ELIZA, WHAT ARE you wearing?!" Susan questioned looking the girls outfit up and down in distaste. Making the girl spin around and face her, raising her brow in confusion.

"Well, I believe these are Edmunds slacks, and this is one of his old shirts." Eliza answered, pointing at the articles she was wearing. The girl found absolutely no comfort in wearing dresses. What if she wanted to climb a tree? She couldn't because- oh look she's wearing a dress. Eliza had sort of adapted to taking clothing from her brother and wearing them, finding them to be extremely comfortable and not at all flimsy and whimsical.

"Did you know about this Edmund?" Susan asked, looking towards the boy who was holding a cricket bat.

Edmund looked up, glancing at his twin, "Of
course. I don't wear them anymore, if they fit her, she's free to have them." He shrugged, making Susan turn to back around.

It was a significantly nicer day than the last one they'd experienced in the countryside. The sun was shining down, as the Pevensie siblings were outside on the lawn of the manor, playing baseball, well Peter and Edmund were playing while Eliza and Susan spectated and Lucy sat under a tree, reading.

"Peter winds up, poised to take another wicket!" Peter shouted in commentators voice, throwing the ball at Edmund, hitting him in the leg.

"OW!" Edmund yelped, snapping out of his daydream and rubbing his leg, while his twin and Susan laughed loudly.

"Whoops!" Peter said cheerfully, running towards the three, "Wake up, Dolly daydream!", Eliza picked up the small ball and threw it back to her older brother.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund groaned, looking disgruntled at being outdoors.

"I thought you said it was a kids game?" Peter replied with a smirk, catching the ball in his hands.

"Besides," Susan began, with an optimistic tone, "We could all use the fresh air", Eliza internally groaned, what a corny thing to say.

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Eliza and Edmund grumbled in unison, the two grinned wildly and looked at each other with a chuckle.

"It's creepy when you do that. It really is." Susan stated, as the twins turned back to face their siblings.

"Are you ready?" Peter questioned, a small smirk plastered across his face.

"Are you?" Edmund snapped back, preparing his bat, Peter hurtled the ball at Edmund. The boy managed to hit the cricket ball, but as if time froze- the ball went through one of the upstairs windows in the manor, creating a load smash and a bang. The Pevensies looked up in horror and ran into the manor and up the stairs as fast as they could, only to be met by a dismembered suit of armor.