2

☆

"I DO WISH you were here with us."

Eliza read aloud, as she sat on the bed in her and Lucy's shared bedroom. Edmund stood in the corner of the room with his arms crossed. "It is such an adventure. But nothing like our times in Narnia."

"America is very exciting- Only we never see father. He works so very hard. I was invited to the British consul's tea party this week by a naval officer. Who happens to be very handsome." Eliza continued, her eyebrows raising as she read the next sentence, "I think he fancies me."

"It seems that the Germans have made the
crossing difficult right now. Time are hard. Mother hopes you three won't mind
another few months in Cambridge-" Eliza folded the letter and groaned loudly, falling back onto her bed in despair.

"Another few months?!" Lucy questioned in disbelief, "How will we survive?"

Edmund pushed Eliza's legs to the side and sat beside her, snatching the letter to read it. "You're lucky. At least you've two are sharing a room." The boy spat, "I'm stuck with mullet mouth."

"Susan and Peter are the lucky ones." Lucy said wistfully, "-Off on adventures..." the younger girl stood and walked towards the mirror off to the side.

"Yeah." Eliza replied bluntly, "They are the oldest we are the youngest. We don't matter as much."

"Do you think I look anything like Susan?" Lucy asked out of the blue, making the twins look at her in estrangement.

"If you looked anything like Susan...I'd be concerned. Have you seen her in the morning?- yikes!" Eliza mumbled rubbing her forehead, as Edmund stood up and walked towards the painting hanging on the wall.

"Eliza, Lucy, have you seen this ship before?" The boy questioned out of curiosity making both the girls redirect their attention, and to join their brother at the picture.

"Yes," Lucy smiled fondly, "It's very Narnian looking isn't it?"

"Yeah." Eliza said bitterly, making her two siblings look at her in pity, "Just another reminder that we're here not there."

The door to their room opened and Eustace strolled in with his arms crossed. "There once was three orphans who wasted their time... believing in Narnian nursery rhyme." He taunted childishly.

Edmund gritted his teeth and whipped around. "Please let me hit him!" He growled, lunging forward, making Eliza hold him back by the arm.

"No." Lucy ordered, making the boy loosen up a bit.

"Don't you ever knock?!" Eliza seethed, her voice laced with venom as the prudish little boy sat on Lucy's bed.

"It's my house. I do as I please. You're just guests." Eustace stated, crinkling his nose, "What's so fascinating about that picture anyway? It's hideous."

"You won't see it from the outside of the door." Eliza snapped, turning back to the painting, Making her cousin grumble in annoyance.

"Eliza, Edmund look, it looks like the water is actually moving!" Lucy whispered in awe as the three Pevensies faced the fascinating picture.

Eliza stared intently at the boat, her eyes scanning its sails and the way the blue water created a sense of motion. The ache in her heart that longed for Narnia seemed to grow as she scanned the painting.

"What rubbish!" Eustace remarked, "See? That's what happens when you read all those fancy little novels and fairy tales of yours."

Edmund rolled his eyes, "There once was a boy called Eustace, who read books full of facts that were useless." He commented in a monotonous voice, making both Eliza and Lucy crack a smile of glee.

"People who read fairy tales are a hideous burden to people like me." Eustace prided, "I read books with real information."

"A hideous burden?!" Eliza sneered, turning to face her irritable cousin. "I haven't seen you lift a finger since we've been here."

Edmund joined Eliza's side, his eyes blazing with fire. "I've got a good mind to tell Aunt Alberta it was you who stole her sweets." The boy yelled

"Liar!" Eustace screeched, making both Eliza and Edmund blow up with rage.

"Really?!" Eliza shouted, her cousin now trembling on the bed. It was clear that the insolent little boy was all bark, no bite, he jolted to his feet and rushed towards the door.

Edmund slammed the door shut before the boy could leave. "I found the sweets under your bed." The older boy hissed, his voice raising in malice, "And you know what? I've licked every one of them!"

"Ew!" Eustace shrieked in disgust, making Eliza laugh loudly. "I'm infected with you!" Eliza felt a splash of cold water, hit the back of her neck and she whipped around to the painting that was now spurting water from its frame as a cool breeze swept through the room.

"What is going on here?" Eustace asked in confusion, running towards the door. Eliza walked slowly towards her little sister.

Edmund joined to two quickly, "Lucy, do you think..." Edmund began before he trailed off, the three of them grinning at the painting like mad.

"This is some kind of a trick!" Eustace cried out, "Stop or I'll tell mother. Mother! Mother!"

Eustace lurched forward and grabbed the painting off the wall. "No Eustace, no!" Eliza shouted over the sound of waves crashing, "We can't stop it!" The boy stepped back with the painting, causing the three to be soaked by the constant flow of water now rushing in through the painting.

"Get off me! Get off!" Eustace screamed, struggling against the three Pevensies and the salty water.

"Let go!" Lucy shrieked, "Put it down!" The boy finally dropped the painting and the rush of  water didn't stop. The water in the blink of an eye, began to fill the room, making all the furniture float.

The water was soon up to Eliza's neck, forcing her to take a final breath before she was submerged under water. The girl opened her eyes, despite the pain of the water, she kicked her legs as hard as she could trying to swim around all the furniture and to escape the current pulling her into the world she loved most.

Honey... we're coming home !!

IM SO EXCITED ALALSKDK

ALSO IF YOU DONT KNOW, I've started a book for Peter Pevensie called 'All is found' because I got inspired by Frozen 2!

Anyway, love you all,