11

☆

TROOPS SWARMED towards the center of the camp, watching as The Queen was being lifted through the crowds. Eliza sprinted beside her siblings as they ran to the crowds, only for them to stop abruptly in shock. The girls hand clutched onto her sword ready to draw it if necessary, the girl glanced beside her and Peter and Edmund were doing the same.

"JADIS, QUEEN OF NARNIA!" Ginarrbrik yelled over the angry heckles from the troops of Narnia. "Empress of the Lone Islands!".

Eliza's eyes drifted down the path the queen had made and there she was, sitting upon a throne which was being carried by a a litter of Cyclops. They set her down and she stood down, and walked towards Aslan, who had emerged from his tent. The whole camp including the children assembled in front of Aslan's tent as the witch approached the lion.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." Jadis remarked, making many gasps erupt from the crowds. Edmund looked panicked, making Eliza place a hand on his shoulder and give him a reassuring nod as their siblings all looked at Edmund.

"His offense was not against you." Aslan replied calmly, as Eliza dropped her hand from the boys shoulder.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" The witch questioned, raising a brow.

Aslan growled lowly, "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written." The lion snapped, growling at the The witch.

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me." Jadis stated, "His blood is my property."Peter stepped forward and drawing his sword, making Eliza follow, both of them unwaveringly pointing their swords directly at the woman.

"Try and take him then." Peter hissed as a Minotaur snarled and stepped towards the siblings.

"Do you really think that mere force will deny me my right... ...little King?" The witch responded, "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." The witch then turned to Edmund and pointed, "That boy will die on the Stone Table..." Eliza turned her head to meet her brothers eyes, she tried to hide her fear but it was obvious she was terrified. "...as is tradition. You dare not refuse me.".

"Enough. I shall talk with you alone." Aslan spoke, walking back into his tent, the witch close behind.

THE CHILDREN SAT in the grass clearly bored of awaiting the verdict of the witch's request. Suddenly chatter filled the air as The Witch threw open the flaps of the tent making everyone rush to their feet. She slowly walked back towards her seat, pausing quickly to look at Edmund as Aslan walks the edge of the plateau.

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood." Aslan announced. Everyone cheered loudly in success while Edmund looked relieved. Eliza smiled slightly, her eyes twinkling out of joy.

"How will I know your promise will be kept?" The White Witch asked. Aslan roared loudly, making The White Witch sit down suddenly in shock as the camp erupted into laughter. She left leaving everyone to celebrate this win. Eliza hugged her brother swiftly, making the boy grin.

"That's one problem sorted." The girl joked in relief, making her siblings laugh in unison as the crowds around them yelled in glee, not noticing their leader walk away in defeat.

NIGHT HAD FALLEN on the camp, and the only sounds heard were the sounds of wind and birds overhead. Eliza was sitting upright in her bed in complete shock. Her two sisters were there when she fell asleep but had now mysteriously vanished into thin air. The girl shook her head, slipping on proper attire and footwear, making sure to grab her sword, before leaving the tent she was sleeping in.

A few fauns and centaurs who were on guard duty nodded to her as she ran past in a hurry. After finally locating her brothers tent, she rushed inside and stood over a sleeping Peter.

"Peter..." She hissed, shaking the boy, trying to wake him, "Peter!".  The girl shook him harder and the boy jolted awake, pushing her to the floor, in fear she was an enemy.

"Ow..." Eliza grumbled, rubbing her elbow as she sat on the floor. Peter looked annoyed to say the least.

"Liza, what are you doing here?! You're supposed to be in bed." Peter whisper-yelled at her, trying to avoid waking Edmund up.

"It's Sus-" The girl began, only to be shushed by the older boy, as she glanced towards her twin.

"Sh! You'll wake him!" Peter said slowly, looking cautiously towards the younger boy, 

"Too late-" Edmund groaned, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes. Eliza turned back to Peter.

"Its Lucy and Susan... I woke up and they weren't in their beds. I didn't know what to do.. so here I am." Eliza exclaimed in panic, running a hand through her messed up hair.

Peters eyes widened, as he swung his legs off the bed. "Are you sure?" He asked, only to be interrupted by the wind blowing petals into into the boys' tent. Peter drew his sword in fear while Edmund looked confused and Eliza held her sword towards the forming figure.

"Be still, my Princes and Princess." The Dryad said softly, "I bring grave news from your sisters." Eliza lowered her sword and sat on Peters bed as the Dryad recounted the tale.

ELIZA STOOD BESIDE Oreius and Edmund as they patiently waited for Peter to emerge from inside of Aslans tent. The three were huddled around a table covered in battle plans as they tried to construct a plan of action.

"She's right. He's gone." The older boy sighed, his head bowed as he exited the tent, turning to face his siblings and the centaur.

"Then you'll have to lead us. Peter, there's an army out there and it's ready to follow you." Edmund persisted,

Peter looked severely doubtful, "I can't ." He muttered, looking down once more.

"Aslan believed you could. And so do I." Eliza spoke up, making Peter look at her, "We have the troops, we have the hope, all we need is a good leader Peter."

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?"