4

☆

BEING BACK IN the traditional Narnian clothing felt like heaven for Eliza. Fortunately for her, the only clothes on this entire shop were all crafted for men, which suited Eliza perfectly, however Lucy on the other hand, looked quite disgruntled with the garments.

"Cheer up Lu!" Eliza grinned as she propped up her foot on a small wooden table while she laced up her boots, "At least you won't have to deal with all the excess material."

Lucy whipped around in annoyance, "I look like a boy!" She moaned, looking into the mirror, trying to tie back her curls.

Eliza chuckled and walked over to her sister, placing a hand on her shoulder, "-and what's so bad about that, huh?" She said with a raised brow, helping the girl tie back her hair.

"Because we're girls...we have to look nice or we'll never find a guy to marry us!" Lucy sighed lowly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Eliza scoffed loudly, "Is that really what you've come to, Lu?" She spoke up, looking Lucy directly in the eyes, "Just because we're girls doesn't mean we can't enjoy the luxury of wearing a pair of pants or even have the slightest bit of fun!" Lucy nodded slowly, her eyes refusing to meet her older sisters.

Eliza smiled weakly and hugged the younger girl from behind. "Now come on, we can't keep Caspian or Ed waiting too long." She said.

"Let's go." Lucy agreed, straightening up slightly, brushing out her blouse. "-Eliza, how do you do it?"

Eliza turned to face the girl, "How do I do what?" She replied, a look of confusion creeping across her face.

"How do you keep such a strong front?" Lucy questioned, her curiosity overwhelming her, "I mean- you're always so sure and confident of yourself..."

Eliza tilted her head slight, "I don't know..." she answered truthfully, "I think it started when I learnt I have to stick up for myself or nobody else will."

Lucy bit her lip in thought, "-but you have us." She replied, her tone pitiful and saddened.

"I know." Eliza laughed, wrapping an arm around the girls shoulder, "There will come a time where you guys won't be around and I'll have to fend for myself, and although family is forever, there comes a time where we will eventually stop seeing each other daily."

Lucy looked down, "I simply cannot imagine it..." the younger girl concluded, as the two departed the small room they'd been changing in. The two walked out into the sun, it's rays shining down creating a euphoric feeling of glee for Eliza.