13

☆

PETER FLIPPED his helmet down over his face and lunged at Miraz, jumping high into the air to attack. At the sound of the two blades clanging together, hearty cheers to erupted from both armies.

Eliza clutched the hilt of her sword out of habit as Peter and Miraz continued to fight. Peter managed to hit Miraz in the back with the hilt of his sword and in return Miraz knocked Peter's helmet off, making it clatter onto the floor. Peter swung low, and cut Miraz's leg, making he man grunt in pain. Miraz swung his sword over his head causing Peter to stumble back but the boy soon recovered.

Miraz tripped Peter with his sword, and then proceeded to step on the boys shield. Peter yelled in pain and Eliza winced turning her head to the side to meet Edmunds worried eyes. Miraz raised his sword and slammed it down, but Peter rolled out of the way. The High King of Narnia stopped and circled his sword on the floor tripping Miraz making him fall onto the stone beside Peter. Both quickly getup, breathing heavily, panting from the fight.

"Edmund!" Eliza whispered urgently, nodding in the direction of the woods where both, Susan and Caspian were riding up towards the Narnians-  no Lucy in sight.

Peter seemed to have noticed this too as her looked over Miraz' shoulder and spotted the two. Miraz snarled lowly, "Does his highness need a respite?" He said almost tauntingly.

"Five minutes?" Peter asked, his chest heaving up and down from his breathlessness. Caspian and Susan both stopped in front of the twins and hopped off the horse.

Peter limped over to his siblings, the boy may have tried to stay composed but his eyes showed his panicked state, "Lucy..." he said weakly.

Susan nodded, "She got through..." the older girl stated, before turning to Caspian, "with a little help."

Peter spun to face Caspian, "Thanks." He said gratefully, his breath and energy slowly regaining.

Caspian smiled, "Well, you are busy." He smirked, making a small smile form on everyone's face.

Peter looks towards the How. Peter looked to his sister, "Better get up there, just in case. I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word." He said, giving Susan a little nod. Susan enveloped Peter in a hug making him wince in pain.

"Sorry!" Susan apologized, quickly pulling away from her wounded brother.

Peter shook his head, "It's alright." He did, making Susan wish him luck as she hurried off toward the How. Peter turned back to Eliza and Edmund with a sorrowful face.