3

☆

THE SENSE OF familiarity washed over Eliza as she changed into her Narnian attire. The girl tied up her boots and fixed her tunic, while the others were in different rooms in the underground, changing. Eliza strapped her sword to her side, letting it dangle comfortably off her hip- oh how she'd missed being in this world where she was treated as a warrior not some young maiden in distress.

Susan appeared from around the corner, dressed in a floor length dress, her bow over her shoulder. "No dresses?" She smirked raising a brow.

"Unfortunately none were stored in my chest- shocker!" The girl replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm as Susan laughed.

"Are you ready to go? Peter and the others are outside waiting." The older girl asked, folding her arms.

Eliza took one last look at the chamber she stood in and took a deep breath in, "I'm ready. Let's go." She nodded, following her sister out of the cavern.

THE SIGHT OF A small boat caught the eye of the Pevensies as they trekked along the shore. The five watched as two men lifted up a dwarf, who was tied up and looked badly beaten. Susan automatically lifted her bow and shot an arrow at the canoe.

The arrow hit its mark on the side of
the boat and Eliza followed her siblings as the five ran up a small hill of sand and drew their weapons. Susan quickly put another arrow to the string. "Drop him!" Susan yelled firmly, making Eliza cringe.

"Drop him?" Eliza began, "They'll drop him into the-" The soldiers abruptly threw the dwarf into the water. One of them reaching to pick up a crossbow, only for Susan to shoot him. The other soldier jumped into the water and swam away quickly. Peter dove straight into the water to try rescue the dwarf while Eliza ran into the water to help Edmund bring the boat onto shore.

Peter resurfaced, the dwarf in his arms as he pulled the small man onto the sand. The Pevensies gathered around him as Lucy cut the dwarf's bonds with her dagger. The dwarf tugged at the gag and pulled it off, coughing up all the water he'd swallowed.

"Drop him?!" The dwarf raged, staggering to his feet, "That's the best you can come up with?".

Susan looked taken aback, "A simple thank-you would suffice." She remarked, as Eliza wrung out her wet hair.

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help!" The dwarf exclaimed, gesturing angrily towards the ocean.

Peter rolled his eyes, "Maybe we should have let them." He mumbled, internally rolling his eyes.