7

☆

ELIZAS EYES cracked open, as the blindingly bright sun began to rise in the distance. The girl was flashed back to experiencing her first Narnian sunrise in the snow, while she kept watch during the early hours of the day. To think that, that memory had been hundreds of years old Narnia time scared the girl frankly.

She sat up, making the fabric on top of her fall to the fall. Her eyes fluttered down and for the first time noticed the article that had been placed on top of her. It was obviously Peters- due to the red colour and High King emblem.

Eliza stretched out her limbs, trying to shake the stiffness from her body. The Narnians had already gotten down to business and were preparing to leave the base. The girl waded through the crowds, stopping in front of a centaur who offered her armor and new clothes for for battle.

Eliza thanked him graciously, but soon hurried away to find Lucy, the only sibling that wasn't annoying her at this current moment. She waltzed through the long tunnel leading to Aslans stone table, but before she rounded the corner, she heard her siblings voices talking among each other.

"I didn't see her come in last night," Edmund said, his voice laced with worry. Eliza froze and pressed her back against the stone so she could listen without being seen.

"That's because she didn't." Lucy replied, her small voice being overtaken by the oldest Pevensie.

"Eliza slept outside." Peter informed Susan and Edmund, "We had a disagreement beforehand and I guess she didn't want to face me." Eliza rolled her eyes- how in the name of Aslan was Peter this self centred?

"That's probably not the only reason," Lucy added, "Edmund and her also fought." Elizas heart dropped a little as she shut her eyes.

"You and Eliza had a fight?!" Susan exclaimed as if it weren't possible, the twins rarely fought- and even when they did, they made up within an hour or so.

"Wait, really?" Peter questioned in disbelief, Eliza could sense a feeling of confusion radiating from him.

"I may have told her that she was a bit selfish." Edmund winced, making Peter groan in frustration.

"Is that why she left camp?" Peter said to Edmund, "It wasn't just about the plan- and Lucy you knew?"

"I did." Lucy whispered, before clearing her throat, she was so very obviously trying to guilt-trip them, "She must feel awful- her two brothers arguing with her at the same time. Poor Eliza." The guilt she was trying to place on them, certainly had landed.