🔮MC in Wonderland pt 2🔮

Original-  8/21/19

Revised- 1/21/20

Word Count- 2102

      "it was five years ago, and the queen was throwing a Masquerade like she always does. Everyone was having a blast that is until Lucio showed up, then we instantly knew there was something wrong. A trail of red beetle followed behind him. That was only the beginning, these beetles killed half the kingdoms population, they were called the Plague," Julian said as he looked at you, then to Lucio. Julian began to speak again.

      "This fool," Julian pointed to Lucio.

      "Made a deal with someone powerful, and didn't hold Up his end of the bargain. Lucio wanted power and the other wanted Hearts for an experiment. When Lucio got his power he decided that it wasn't enough and didn't give the man his hearts. That's when the beetles started to show up." Julian looked into his tea cup then up at Lucio.

      "You only had to do one thing and you managed to mess that up." Julian said and Lucio looked at him.

      "I didn't mess anything up, the man did not hold his end of the bargain either." Lucio said.

      "Anyways Y/n, you are the one who is going to stop the plague." Julian said.

      "How am I supposed to stop a bunch of beetles? That's impossible!" How could Julian expect you to stop a bunch of beetles?!

      "Nothing is impossible dear." Lucio said and gave a smirk that grew the longer it was on his face. Julian laughed.

      "He's right, but you aren't going to take down a bunch of beetles that's complete nonsense. No no no, you will be taking down the thing that's controlling them," Julian motioned for you to come closer, so you leaned in to be able to hear him.

      "The Devil." Julian whispered. You moved back to your original position.

      "How do I do that?" You asked.

     "Well you will need to go to the castle of course and meet the queen" Lucio answered from the end of the table.

      "Where might that be?" You asked. The Lucio whistled and two white dogs came running towards the table.

      "Mercedes and Melchior can show you the way, isn't that right? He asked the dogs, their ears perked up and the ran towards you. The dogs ran past you and waited for you at the end of the table, you got up and followed them. Before you could go any further you looked back.

      "Watch out for your head Y/n!" Julian yelled at you as he waved, you waved back and then continued to follow the dogs.

      After a while of walking you've noticed that the terrain around you changed from tall grass and trees to moats and hills, you soon entered a maze, you were still following the dogs through the maze because they seem to know where they are going. you continued to walk through the maze until you heard talking? no, it was more like signing? yeah that's right, singing. you walked a bit closer and you came upon the exit of the maze, to see a group of people standing the court yard with buckets of red paint.

      "Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red, we dare not stop or waste a drop, so let the paint be spread. we're painting the roses red" You walked closer to see the group of people Painting the roses red, like they said.