💉Valdemar X Reader

requested by ButlerCosplay

Original- 9/17/19

Revised- 1/22/20

Word Count- 1584

You were walking around the palace trying to find any clues about who murdered the count, you weren't sure that it was Julian, so you were checking everywhere for any clues.

You walked into the library where Julian's desk was, and you started to look around for anything, there wasn't much there, only old notes that you couldn't read due to Julian's sloppy chicken scratch hand writing. You were still going to look, you searched the drawers, the underneath, and there was still nothing. You then ran your hand over the desk one last time, as you did this a drawer popped out from the top, you reached in not knowing what you would find. You then pulled out a key, but what it was to? you had no idea. You had decided you had done enough searching in the library and started for the door. You stopped when you heard a creak come from the other side of the room, you quickly hid behind a bookshelf and watched.

The Quaestor Valdemar stepped out of a secret passage in the bookcase, you watched as they walked towards the door. Your breathing was shallow, you were trying not to make a sound. If they saw you, surely something bad would happen. You waited a few minutes after Valdemar had left just to make sure they didn't see you leave the library. You exited the room and stood out in the hallway, letting your breathing return to normal.

It was creepy, surely something like that wasn't supposed to be there. You decided that you were going to check it out tonight while everyone else was asleep.

For the rest of the day, you did your own thing, talking to Nadia about who she thinks did it, and trying to find more clues. It was approaching night time and everyone was starting to go to sleep. You walked up to your room to grab your bag, You grabbed it just in case you needed it, who knows what could be down there. Soon enough you started to make your way down to the library.

You walked into the library and over to the bookcase you saw the Quaestor walk out of, now the only challenge you were faced with was how to get it to open. In most books you read there was always a secret passageway that opened when you pulled certain book, so you tried that. You pulled almost every book on that shelf and nothing had happened, you had only a few more to go, you pulled the last one and the passage opened.

"Really!" You whisper yelled at to yourself, of course it had to be the very last book you pulled. You carefully stepped into the tunnel, you looked around and it was dark, every so often there was a torch on the wall providing a little bit of light. You walked down the stairs and soon you reached the bottom, there at the bottom of the stairs was an elevator, it was big enough for one person, there was also metal bars surrounding it and it was clear you weren't getting in without a key. You pulled out they key that was in Julian's desk hoping it would be able to unlock the gate, You put the key in and turned it. It clicked. You opened the gate and took out the key.

"This is creepy." You stepped into the elevator and shut the door. The elevator started to go down, and you started to regret your decision. The elevator stopped moving and the door opened into another hallway of stairs. You walked down the stairs and at the bottom was a wooden door. You pushed open the door to find what looked like an old lab of some sort? there was medical equipment all over. It was brighter than the hallways so you could see what was in there, on the wall was two doors, with labels that are almost so worn out you can't read them.

You walked over to one of the doors, and looked at what the outside said 'Doctor Devorak' You opened the door and walked inside. Inside was a small cot, a desk covered in ink, and paper along with a book. Above the desk was shelves full of jars that had leaches in them. You walked over to the desk and looked through the papers, then you picked up the book. You had seen that book before but this one had Julian's notes in it, it was a magic book that was at the shop. You put the book in your bag, deciding you would look through it later.

You walk out of the room and see a well in the corner, you walk over and hear something coming from inside. You let curiosity get the better of you and you take off the top. It sounds like water when you listen to it, but it doesn't smell that way. All you can smell is something rotting, and the more you look at it the more you realize that it is not water... It's thousands of red beetles, but the sounds of them all scurrying down there sounds like that of running water. You peer into the well looking down into it almost so your head is in there.

"I wouldn't get to close if I were you." Said someone behind you. This startled you and you whipped your head around and leaned back on the well, with your hands holding on to the edge. You saw Valdemar standing there in front of you, you grasped onto the edge of the well tighter.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" You asked, Valdemar was intimidating, not going to lie they scared you. They stepped closer to you and pressed their fingers together.

"I could be asking you the same thing." They tilted their head when they talked. they took another step closer, when they did this you tried to step back but you were already pressed against the well so you couldn't go anywhere else. As you did this your hand slipped from the well almost making you fall backwards. Just then you felt Valdemar garb your arm and pull you away from the well. You looked towards Valdemar to see that you were pressed against them. You tried to pull away but they pulled you closer.

"Wouldn't want you falling in, now would we?" They said. You just looked up and nodded.

"Wh-what are those things?" You said. Valdemar let go of your arm and walked over to the well where they put the lid back on. They then turned back to you and took off their mask.

"It's really none of your concern." They walked closer to you and lifted their hand to your chin and he it there, tilting your head to look up at them.

"Now, what are you doing in here? hm?" You were trying not to shake at this point, what was there to say? why were you down there?

"Um I-I I thought That maybe there was something down here that would help me find Dr. Devorak." You panicked and told the truth, probably the one thing you shouldn't have done.

"Hm, interesting, and what's this?" They reached down and pulled the book out of your bag, and started to open it. You reached up and tried to grab it.

"It's just a magic book, now give it back!" You grabbed the book from them and put it back in your bag and looked back to Valdemar.

"What are YOU doing here?" You asked and crossed your arms. They looked at you with a smile.

"Someone-" They pointed at you, "forgot to close the door." You thought back to going inside the tunnel, they were right you did forget to close the door. You backed up a bit.

"If it weren't for that I wouldn't be down here right now, I was going to get a book." They said. You started for the door,

"Well it really had been lovely, but I should get going." You pointed towards the door, and gave a nervous laugh. Valdemar laughed as well.

"I don't think so," They said as they walked over to where you were at the door. Valdemar then put their arms on either side of you trapping you in that one spot. you were scared, your breathing went shallow, and you tried not to look in their red eyes, but eventually you did.

"Wh-What? why-y n-oot?" was all you could get out. Valdemar laughed and used one of their hands to pin your arms to the wall and the other one stayed where it was.

"Because I'm not letting you leave." They whispered in your ear, they were very close to you now, and just kept getting closer. Before you knew if Valdemar had their lips on yours. This really surprised you, you thought they were going to kill you. a few seconds later Valdemar pulled away and looked at you.

"With this" and they held up the book you had stuck in your bag, the one with all of Julian's notes in it. Before you could reach for the book, the door behind you opened sending you falling to the ground. You looked up to see Valdemar closing the door and locking it. There had to be another way you could get that book, because it was obviously important.