🥀Lucio x Royal Reader

requested by jokertib

Original- 11/19/19

Revised- 1/28/20

Word Count- 1107

      You were a royal from a neighboring country, and your family had always been good friends with the royals in Prakra, so when you heard that Nadia had gotten married, you were very happy for her, you wanted to go see her and congratulate her, but your family didn't allow you to go, so you had to send her a letter saying that you would find another time to come visit her.

      It had been about 5 years since you told Nadia that you were going to visit her, and you were going to visit her. It has been a while since you said it, but it was true you were going to visit Nadia. You were actually on her way to visit her right now, you had taken the royal carage to vesuvia. You were so excited to see Nadia again, and finally get to meet her friends and husband.

      Soon enough you had arrived at the palace, the carage stopped and you got out. You were greeted by a few palace guards, they escorted you inside the palace and right outside the door to the room that Nadia was in. One of them took your bags and the other opened the door for you.

      You walked into the room and saw Nadia sitting on a couch alone. When she heard the door open she looked up and saw you standing by the door. She stood up and started to walk towards you, you walked towards her.

      "Nadia!" You said as you gave her a hug. She hugged you back.

      "Y/N! It's so good to see you again. It's been forever. I've missed you." She said as she put her hand on your shoulder and sat down, taking you with her. You both were sitting on the couch.

      "How have you been Nadia? Oh! Tell me about your wedding, I'm sorry I missed it, I want to know everything since I last saw you." She laughed a little and looked at you.

      "Things have been okay since I last saw you, as you know I got married, thank you for the letter by the way. Um it was a last minute decision, and it was not for romantic reasons, purely business. He's and absolute nightmare." After she said this you frowned a bit.

      "Oh... so you don't like him? Not even a little? I thought you would find someone you really loved to marry?" She laughed.

      "No, I dont like him, I can barely stand him. I do have someone I love, she's absolutely amazing, her name is Portia." You smiled.

      "Oh that's good, and he's okay with you being with her?" She nodded.

      "Yes, he is fine with it." You smiled again.

      "Well I'm glad everything turned out  good for you Nadia." She looked at you and smiled. Nadia stood up and you stood up after her.

      "I'm glad you made it. You've been traveling all day and I'm sure you're tired, I'll have portia show you to your room." She lead you to the door and standing outside a a red haired woman. You told Nadia goodbye and went with Portia. She showed you to your room, and when you got there you immediately passed out. Traveling took a lot out of you.

      The next morning you woke up to someone knocking at the door. You sat up and walked over to the door. You opened the door and saw Portia standing outside. You greeted her and let her inside.

      "Goodmorning Y/N! Nadia requested you came down for breakfast this morning." She gave you a big smile and opened the door.

      "I'll be outside when you are ready." She closed the door and stood outside. You got dressed and walked out the door. Portia lead you down to the dining hall where Nadia was. She opened the door for you, and when you walked in there was Nadia setting head of the table, the other side of the table sat a man, blonde with a golden claw arm. Nadia motioned for you to come sit next to her. You walked over and sat on the left of Nadia.

      You sat down and started to eat. You three ate in a uncomfortable silence, meaning you knew that this was the man she was married to, the man she disliked so much. You didn't bother to break the silence. After a while Portia came in to speak with Nadia, a few moments later she stood up.

      "If you will excuse me for a moment, I have something I need to take care of." She then walked out of the room with Portia, leaving you and the man at the end of the table alone. You were about to get up and leave when he spoke up.

      "Who are you?" He said. You looked up from your plate.

      "I'm Y/n, from (kingdom name)." He stood up and looked at you, he walked over to where Nadia was sitting and sat down.

      "Why was I not informed that there was visiting royalty?" You looked at him.

     "I'm not quite sure, you know I never got your name?" He smirked at you.

       "I'm surprised you've never heard of me, I'm the count, count lucio. It's a pleasure to meet you Y/n." You laughed a bit.

      "So I was right. You are the troublesome  man Nadia decided to marry. " He was confused then offended. He started to speak and you cut him off.

      "I understand you two don't like eachother? Correct?" He nodded.

      "Why doesn't she like you?" His eyes widened and he looked at you in confusion.

       "It could be because I'm devilishly handsome, very smart, strong, bra-"

       "Okay, I'm gonna stop you right there. I get it now. Textbook narcissism. That's why she doesn't like you. " you said as you were getting up. He stood up with you.

       " no no no, that's not right. Noddy and I have never really liked eachother much." You were walking out to the gardens. Lucio was following you outside.

    "I'm really not as bad as it seems y/n."
He said as he cough up to you grabbing your hand. You turned around and looked at him.

       "You know I wasn't judging you right? I just wanted to know." He dropped his hand and frowned a bit.

      "You weren't?" You shook your head no.

       "Of course not. You shouldn't judge someone before you get to know them." You looked him in the eyes, and he looked back at you.

       "So, let's get to know eachother." You said taking his hand and walking into the gardens.