⚰ Halloween Special⚰

💉 !Warning!💉 there will be Gore! talk of blood, death, and disfigurement!

Happy Halloween!

Original- 10/31/19

Revised- 1/28/20

word Count- 2677

        Nadia had sent you an Portia to Procurator Volta's mansion to check up on her, since she hasn't been seen in the past few days. You and Portia had stopped by Mazelinka's house to get some soup, just in case she was sick. 

      You and Portia walked into the house, the last time you were here, you two were questioning her about the death of count Lucio, that had long passed and the count was now back alive and doing well. As you walked in the front room looked the same, books stacked up to the ceiling, dust everywhere, and small artifacts scattered everywhere. You walked into the parlor and started looking around. Portia instantly remembered the room hidden in the fire place, the room with all the artifacts in it. She started to walk over to the fire place and open the hidden door. 

      You were looking for Volta around the house, But you couldn't seem to find her, so you walked back into the parlor where you had left Portia. When you walked in there Portia was looking into the hidden room. You walked up behind her.

      "What are you doing!" You said as you placed your hands on her shoulders, causing her to jump a little. She turned around and hit you on the chest.

      "Geeze Y/N you scared me! don't do that." She said with a pouty face. You started laughing.

      "I couldn't help it. But for real what are you doing?" You asked as you crossed your arms.

      "I was looking in that secret room." She said, turning back to the secret room.

      "We were sent here to look for Volta, not to look in some storage closet." She turned back around and looked at you.

      "That is not just some storage closet Y/N. You've seen the things in there, they are amazing. That is a room of treasures, and I want to look in there again." She said, pointing at the room. You knew you weren't going to be able to leave until you let her look in the room again. You sighed and motioned for her to go in the room. She ran in the room and you slowly followed her in. 

      "Well, just in case you were wondering, I couldn't find Volta anywhere." She was too interested in the things in the room to hear you. You decided to look around as well, considering the last time you two were in here, you got interrupted by Volta. You set down the jar of soup you had been holding on a nearby shelf. You started to walk around the room and look at all the artifacts Volta had collected throughout the years.

      You walked up to a tall object, it was covered in a large white sheet. well at least the sheet was meant to be white, but it had obviously been tinted yellow over the years. You lifted up the cloth, looking under it. It looked like an old mirror. You pulled of the sheet and let it fall to the ground, The mirror was dusty so you couldn't see anything in it, But the frame it was in was beautiful. The Mirror was a floor length mirror, the outside was gold with a beautiful floral pattern, there had obviously been places where chunks of gold were missing, but overall it was beautiful. 

      You picked up the cloth that was covering it, and started to wipe the mirror down. You went from the top to the bottom, when you were done you let the cloth fall back down to the floor. You took a step back and looked in the mirror. What you saw horrified you. The mirror didn't show the room you where in. No, the mirror showed the Lazaret, with you standing there, but you didn't look like yourself. As you looked in the mirror you noticed scary difference between the real you, and the you in the mirror. When you looked at your reflection you had pale, dead, skin, with blood and bruises on the surface, it didn't look lie that blood was yours, you looked for any cuts or wounds on your body, but there was nothing there. You looked up at your face, you were still pale, covered in dirt, but the whites of your eyes were red, you had dead eyes, there was no life left there. The plague. In the image of you standing in the mirror you had the plague, it was clear as day. The you in the mirror was dead, but you were standing in a secret room in Volta's mansion, you weren't dead. You subconsciously touched your eyes, making sure there was nothing wrong.