Chapter 2: Fright

(Caroline's P.O.V.)

Tom was leaving soon. The decision was taken. We tried to spend as much time together as possible. Loki would occasionally accompany us, but most of the time, he was either reading in his library or just brooding somewhere. He was a master of words - whenever I tried to make him spill out where he went, he'd trick his way out of my grasp. We all pretended that ridiculous argument never happened, we didn't want any tensions between us. It was already difficult enough.

As promised, we had already looked for houses and found a lovely one family house near the hospital I'd work for. It was then that I understood what he had meant - the drive really was annoying. A good forty minutes. That was precious sleeping time, for God's sake! They'd call me in the middle of the night, too. It was just too much wasted time. Google maps said our new house was only seventeen minutes - by foot! Dreamy.

Tom would sign the contract soon. Since it wasn't exactly cheap, and it bothered me that he wouldn't even let me discuss contributing my part to the costs. We would wait until after he got his wage for 'War Horse'. Mine is yours. Why did that never apply to him? I wanted to give something back to Loki and Tom, apart from cooking and fart jokes.

It was a pleasant evening. The mansion had a beautiful terrace and a garden. I looked up to see Loki sitting on the window bench and reading. The view he had there from the third floor must be breathtaking. Always reading... what a nerd. And yes, the irony is strong here. I always called them names behind their backs. It was a funny thing to do.

Speaking of unnerving people...

"Let's play our favourite game!" I told Tom and pulled him out of his chair. He smiled a toothy smile and pushed his curly hair back. Before you ask yourselves, it's as close as he could get to looking like Loki. Then, he grabbed a branch and jumped onto a stone.

"Kneel before me!"

"Never!" I exclaimed and threw the daisies he had collected for me at him. "I'm an Avenger, ice bitch!"

Tom laughed evily and I had to admit, it sounded authentic. No wonder he was going into acting. "Then you will feel the wrath of Loki! Prince of the Ice Giants!"

"It's 'Prince of the Frost Giants', you fool!" A successfully unnerved Loki shouted from above.

" - Prince of the Frost Giants! Take that!" Tom shouted and pretended to fire an energy blast at me. I playfully fell to the ground. "Oh, no! Loki, you have exterminated this booty!"

"And now the rest!"

"No! You might look stunning and have the glow stick of destiny, but I will kill you with my hammer - Myamyam!"

"It's 'Mjölnir', for Odin's sake!" Loki had swung his legs out of the window, watching our silly game and trying not to laugh at our foolish acts.

"Ice-bitch-Powers! Woosh!" Tom pretended to freeze me, putting out his hands so that his palms faced me. "Woooooosh!"

"Dodged!" I excaimed and threw myself on the ground again.

"You think you can defeat me? I mean look at dat ass." Tom purred and held his bottom staight into my face.

Loki facepalmed, who could blame him. I would've done the same if someone was mocking me like that. But it was just too damn funny!

"I am not a damn laughingstock for your amusement!"

"Please, have you seen these bicepses? Your puny body can't match mine, I'm so hot 'cause I'm Thor, babe."

No, for the records, it didn't make sense anymore.