Chapter 6: Chills

(Tom's P.O.V.)

Finally. The day came.

The moment I would see my princess again. There was no denying that this has been one of the hardest things in my life - given that my life was so young. I didn't doubt there would be much sadness to come, but this was only natural. Humans loved, cried, hurt. And if I wanted to be human, despite my blood betraying me, I had to accept this at least. 

My scenes in 'War Horse' were eventually over, they didn't need me until the premiere, which was far in the future. I could return home. The thought of home warmed me. I took my seat on the plane, already dreaming of our long awaited reunion,  I imagined her. Not that my mind could reproduce such a beauty. 

I took my wallet out. I had secretely taken a picture of her with me, well knowing I wouldn't survive without seeing her. You'd say I was a female-depending little bastard. Maybe I was. Love did crazy things to people.

The last thing I needed when I was back home was jet lag, I tried to sleep the entire flight. The noise around me would made this impossible. I wanted nothing more than to enter my personal dreamland, where I would meet her.  The only thing I wanted more was feeling her smooth skin for real. I hadn't touched many people until then, which made her warmth even more intense compared to Loki's corpse like cold. 

My poor darling was sleeping in our house alone for so long by then. All alone and without somebody by her side. But I would be with her soon. My heart beat faster in my chest with desire.

---

(Caroline's P.O.V.)

Tom would arrive today.

You could say much about me, but there was no denying that I was the sweetest wife ever that day. I had prepared the house and myself for his arrival, I had cooked his favourite food, bought Poptarts, which he loved more than me, and wore the dress he said looked beautiful on me. It was a dress that exposed my cleavage (not that I had much of it) and a seductive portion of my legs. Even high heels!  

My sheer tights didn't really help, it was cold, even inside. 

The last time I had seen Loki, he had been painting, refusing to show me. I had nagged, as always, but he was too stubborn and I didn't have a silver tongue. I eventually left him and turned my focus to the house. He must've left his library some time. As I walked past it, the doors were wide open. I risked a glance, and cursed.

There was no time for his now, and I called Loki a son of bitch for leaving the room tempting my curiosity like this. Any other day would've been great, but no. God beware I get my will. 

I staggered down the stairs, these heels qualified as an instrument of torture. The things I do for love. I sighed, and cursed again. The first thing greeting me downstairs was a speechles Loki, staring at me. I would've sworn I heared him choke on his tea. 

"Your jaw." I teased. "Shut your mouth, you'll catch a fly." 

He recomposed himself, though not as agile as I was used to from him. Gosh, men. They were all the same! Sure, I may have looked provocative. But I was definitely neither the first and most definitely not the last woman he found hot. 

"Bella."  He breathed, smiling. I had taken the seat opposite him as there was nothing else to do then besides waiting. Which I fucking hated.

The last time Tom called, he told me he would be home around 7. It was 7 by then, with still no Tom in sight. I groaned with annoyance. It was beginning to freak me out how in-your-face-ly he was staring at me. Don't ask me what made me say this, I still don't know to this day.