Chapter 20: Time

(Araziel's P.O.V.)

"I am Loki's legacy!"

They stared at me with eyes full of shock and disbelief. They didn't have to say anything, their looks screamed louder than their voices ever could.

They had to know sooner or later. As uncomfortable as it was, I needed to tell them right away, for Loki would attempt using it against us. Tom was blinded and controlled by his feelings, his brain had stopped holding the reigns a long time ago. Setting us against each other was child's play.

"That's impossible."

"Thomas." I addressed him again. "You have no idea what's possible."

"How dare you - " He boomed at me, stopping only so far from my face that I could almost feel his breath. Truthfully, sometimes it was hard to tell him apart from Loki. "Prove it."

"You would not survive it." I growled back. He stared at me, not intending to back down. If he only knew that Death was staring back at him. I had no intentions to hurt him, but my patience and control was, too, limited.

The staring, the daring the other to make a move, went on for another moment, when suddenly Tom's features distorted into a grin I knew all too well.

"Son of Loki." He sneered and turned away.

"Not just of Loki."

The other angel had spoken. "Not just of Loki." I repeated, laying emphasis on every word.

"I know what you think of me, Thomas, but it is misplaced now. We have no time for these childish plays."

"He's just gotten us Caroline back." Xenia once again spoke up. "What more do we want?"

A dull sound tore through the silence. She gasped, I had already seen it coming. Thomas, in his rage, had punched through the wooden wall.

"Tom - "

"What more I want? I want Loki dead at my feet, after paying for her parent's death, for your death, for burning the flesh off my bones, for putting Caroline through hell, for raping her - "

"He did not rape her."

Two pairs of shocked eyes snapped to me. I showed no emotion as I spoke, it was but the truth. "What?"

"Araziel." The angel spoke after a torturous silent moment. "You need to tell us exactly what happened."

---

We could agree to at least sit down for this unpleasant conversation. Xenia could calm him to the point that he would at least listen without interruption.

"Caroline is - Loki tried transforming her into a goddess. I think you remember, Thomas. He thought he succeeded, only because he has never seen her bleed yet. He failed, which I intend to use against him."

"Wait - what do you mean?"

"Gods bleed golden, humans red, and you, Thomas... you bleed silver. As does she. She's half human, half god, much like you." I explained. I didn't blame them for not being able to comprehend this madness.

"So she will live a normal life?" Xenia asked.

"She has the life expectancy of a human, yes, and enhanced senses. Caroline's a lot stronger than before. Loki forced the transformation on her, she resisted."

"Is that what saved her?"

"Partly. Loki's biggest weakness is his lack of conviction. Never forget this, and you will have an advantage over him. He's powerful, unrestrained, but his own mind tends to play against him quite often. He hesitates for a split second during the transformation, it's already a failure."