My turn on the court

The moment for the switch came too fast. Not kidding. I tried to walk normally towards the court but my feet decided to be the most wobbly things ever.

"Wow, chill. It's not as bad as it seems. Or how you feel." Sakae says as she takes the number I'm holding up.

"Y-you think?" I asked. Her face darkened.

"The enemy is going to kill you if you show any weaknesses. They are the bully. Now go and beat them!" She says and walks off.

"Don't worry, we are here to help you." Tatsu says.

"Thanks." Opponent starts the game with another serve over the net. I read the serve and then go to receive the ball as it's in.

"Nice (Y/N)!" Chiyoko runs and sets the ball and Gina slams it down.

"Nice!" They slammed their hands together.

"Tatsu your start." Leiko says.

"Sure." She walks behind the line and serves the ball. They receive it and slams it down but my reflects are faster and I have the opportunity to receive the ball before it hits ground. After that the ball is on the other side and on the ground.

"Another score for Japans national team! Their new libero is definitely one of them. Her reflects and speed. She's on fire!" The audience starts to cheer. I felt my cheeks warm up a bit since they were cheering for me.

"Fire girl!" I looked at the audience.

"Actually I'm from Finland. The country of ice and snow. Ever heard of it?" I asked as we had a time out. The opponent team had to make some plans.

"Finland?" One of the supporters in audience asked.

"We already have a Ice Queen."

"How about Ōrora?" Another asked. (means aurora borealis)

"Yes!"

'What have I gotten myself into?' Time out was over and we got back on the battle field. We started the game. The best thing was that the game was going on and on and we were gaining points like there was no tomorrow. In no time we actually won the first set. 25-16.

'Ouch...'

"Let's win the next one as well." Chiyoko says making the team agree with her. I was the libero on the next set as well. Soon as it started I had this urge to do something totally crazy and out of picture. As Fumiko, who was put on court, received, I took a running start and jumped right before that one line. I put my hands up and looked at the ball. I was still on the air as I set the ball up back on the air.

"Chiyoko!!" I yelled to get her attention. She shakes her head and takes a few running steps before jumping up in the air. I landed back down. Four meters up, fingers touching the five meter mark, you were able to see her wings in her back. She scanned through the court on the other side of the net and then slammed the ball down. She landed perfectly.

The guy on the ladder thing whistled and we got a point. The audience was quiet same as the commentators. Even our team. They looked at me amused.

"T-that was her first time doing that?!" Neko yelled breaking the quiet. Everyone on the audience gasped.

"Ōrora did what?!"

"That was her first time?!!"

"T-there you saw Ōrora do her first set as a libero! And our Goddess' fly!!" The commentator said clearly shocked. "Could this be JNWVT's new powerful combo?!!"

Everyone on the audience started to cheer and suddenly the hall was full of cheers and voices yelling my new nickname. I was still shocked as I realized what I had just done. I only did it that well because I've been watching Nishinoya do it many times. I've been following his every move and trying to learn them just by watching. I have never done that before.

"Holy f*ck (Y/N), that was awesome!" Gina exclaims. Chiyoko puts her thumbs up while Tatsu pats me on my head.

"Most people it takes many tries to get that right." Leiko states. I smile nervously at them.

I had to be switched back on the bench. I walked there clearly dumbfounded. Neko took me into her arms and patted my back.

"That was incredible." She said. I was able to hear that she was surprised as well.

"Never would have thought that you could pull that out." Seina said patting my back. Tatsu, Chiyoko, Leiko, Kaedé, Fumiko and Gina are on the court.

"I can't believe it myself. I've only seen it to be done but now I did it on the first try." I said.

"We have even bigger change of winning this whole National Tournament." Ayumi says. "But next time be faster with the toss." I nod.

"Ayumi, you'll go to the court next. Get ready." Akari warns and Ayumi nods starting to do few jumps as warm up.

"You will see a fast set so get ready to watch and learn." Ayumi says and starts to walk towards the coach and manager. She was switched with Tatsu on to the front line and the game continued. It didn't took long for Ayumi to do a fast set high up on the air and Chiyoko to jump after with her flying jump.

"And here we have it! The setter combo doing a quick toss!! The Goddess and Ice Queen are on the roll!" The commentator explains faster than the audience can keep up. They cheered as Chiyoko and Ayumi high fives. The opponent looked very stressful.

"We have to do something!" Their captain yelled. Gina rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing you can do anymore! Whose ready for another point?!" She yells. Our team and the audience starts to cheer. They get ready for another set and starts it. We on the bleachers watched them play. We had no need to worry as we had visibly more points than the opponent. They were going to cry as we looked like we could just lay on a beach chair and have a mojito on our hands, while they'd be there to make a little wind with huge leaves.

Or that was what Seina told us. Her wild ideas started to roll again.

"Neko! You'll go on the court." Akari said disturbing Seina's speech. Fumiko and Neko switched and Fumiko literally fell down on the ground.

"You okay?" Sakae asked.

"Just worn out. I was scared they could get one point. And this is my first time to play as a middle blocker." She laughed.