The game

Has nothing to do with this chapter but please tell me I'm not the only one who thought Capri sun was drugs, before checking it from Google. Thank you and enjoy.

This chapter includes spoilers from the very latest chapter/s.

Few months later

Waking up way too early in the morning was definitely not your thing. It was about six in the morning when you somehow got yourself out of your husbands hands that were around your waist and walked quietly to the living room. 

Now that you had moved to Italy, you were able to focus more on making the picture perfect pastries and Yu was able to spent more time at the Mediterranean sea. It was never a dull day. Even if it was November the weather was still quite warm and you were able to walk around with shorts and T-shirt.

You turn on the TV, before sitting down on the couch. Somehow you manage to open the sport-channel. You turned to look at the hallway to make sure your husband din't woke up and lost the focus on TV. That was until the commentator started talking. 

 "Ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the 2018-19 season V. League division 1... Schweiden Adlers home game! Here in the Sendai Arena! Now to introduce your Schweiden Adlers' starting lineup!"

'Wasn't that the team Kageyama was playing in?' you wonder turning your head to the TV. The fact that Kageyama was in the same team with Ushijima and Hoshiumi was kind of interesting. They kinda look scary on the camera. (F*ck I can't write shit! I wrote the word 'camera' four freaking times!!) You make yourself more comfortable by raising your legs up to the couch and taking a blanket to put on you. You had a habit of buying the most comfortable looking pillows and now you had them in the living room and in your bedroom.

"I had no idea he was playing there." This meant that it was the second time Hinata and Kageyama would play against each other, first time being in junior high.

 "And now what you've all been waiting for... the game between the Schweiden Adlers and the MSBY Black Jackals will begin!"

"Well this should be interesting," you say yawning. You stop listening until the lineup is said for both teams. Fukuro Hirugami, Tatsuto Sokolov, Nicolas Romero, Korai Hoshiumi, Wakatoshi Ushijima, Tobio Kageyama, Toshiro Heiwajima. No idea who the rest are but you sure as hell are ready to see what will happen. Black Jackals have Shugo Meian, Adriah Thomas, Kotaro Bokuto, Kiyoomi Sakusa (almost wrote Sakura), Atsumu Miya, Shion Inunaki and to everyone's surprise Shoyo Hinata. Well, there's not much data of him so opponents will have hard time. Kageyama starts the game and with the speed and power the ball comes you would think he'd get service ace straight. Heh, nope. Hinata is there, to people's surprise again. He gets is up and starts running towards the net while Miya sets the ball to him. If you'd have a cup on your hands now, it would drop down to the floor and crash.

"Did he just jump higher than before??!!" And geez the power when Hinata spikes it down. Yeah, you'll definitely stay awake till the end. The game continued to the point where Black Jackals took the first set. How wonderful it would have been if you'd seen the game with your own two eyes, on live. Watching two of your old club mates develop while playing was something you couldn't put your finger on. Difference between high school them and adult them was huge, especially with Hinata. Catch one of those serves of spike with your head and boy, you are on your way to hospital, if you are lucky enough.

"The boy's all grown up," you yawn. You really try to stay awake but that early in the morning it's nearly impossible. You hear foot steps coming from the direction of your bedroom.

"Morning honey." You turn around to look at your husband. As a morning person, he is already ready for the day. Unlike you who'd rather take the next five years in bed.

"Good morning. Slept well?" you ask giving him a quick kiss.

"Not really, my good sleep was cut off when you walked out here." He sits next to you and then switches the pose so you are now sitting on his lap. "What game?"

"Adlers VS Black Jackals. Or Kageyama versus Hinata." You two sit in comfortable silence only the TV making sound. Black Jackals take the lead in sets after the third one. If they now win the fourth set, the game is over with MSBYs' win. Every set between them is intense and you aren't surprised at all. After all both teams have really good players. Staring at the screen intensely just so that you don't miss any moment of the game. Watching it brings back the five-year experience of volleyball.

"You know. Once we one day have a child, I'm going back to volleyball." you say. Yu turns to look at you.

"Really?" You nod.

"I really wanna get back to the court."

"No about the child."

"Oh that. I've been thinking about it a while now and I'd really like to have one."

"Me too. Little me or you." You laugh at him.

"Sure." Five set game ends as a four set game with MSBY taking the win. At this point you definitely felt awake. Not sure if you should cry or be happy, you stood up from Yu's lap.

"I think I have enough energy to work the next eight hours. What do you think?" He showed one of those signature smirks and stands up.

"Bet. The one to feel tired at work is the loser and has to buy GariGari to the winner!"

"That's how sure you are to win? FYI they don't sell GariGari's here in Italy." You tease him with similar smirk on your face. "But as I know and am sure of my win, you shall buy me (F/D) (Favorite dessert)."

You sprint to your room to change and come back down fast.

"And the battle begins... NOW!!" 

Haikyuu!! gonna end soon. I might as well just get physically ready to cry the next six months at the least.