Chapter 4

Doves POV

I had finally reached my dorm I was tired from the short celebration. It was now 4:48 so I didn't have long. I looked at the cage my mother was in and sighed. You'll come back one day mom. I said. I laid down and started dozing off. "Wake up"I heard someone tell. When j opened my eyes it was Jay along with Evie and Carlos of course. "I was never sleep"I said. "whatever Mal you know what time it is"Carlos said while they were sitting down. I sighed. "Why have you been so distance towards Ben"Jay asked. "I don't know Jay it's just I don't think I wanna be with him anymore"I said. "Mal it's ok to fall out of love"Carlos said. I looked at Evie who wasn't even interested in the conversation she was just staring at the floor. "I know but it's not just that I still have feelings for him I just don't know what's happening"I said. "Could it be someone else Mal"Carlos said . "What no"I said. "are you sure"Jay said. "Are you guys done yet"Evie said making Carlos look at her. "yeah we are"Carlos said getting up. "Come on Jay"he said heading towards the door. "hey evie "he said making her head shoot up. "she looked up at him and he mouthed her tick tock. I wondered what that meant. I just laid back down and closed my eyes. "Mal"Evie said making me sigh.

Evie's POV

"Mal"I said she sighed and opened her eyes. I knew I had to tell her so why not now. "Yes"she said. "I have something to tell you but promise you won't be mad and you'll still be my bestfriend"I said. "E I'll forever be your bestfriend"she said. "Mal I"I said but stopped. "I'm in love with you"I said quietly looking at the ground. I didn't hear her say anything so I lift my head up. When I did I just seen her staring at me. "Evie I..what..how"she said. "a long time now Mal the feelings come and go but now I know I'm really inlove with you"I said. "I'm sorry Evie but"she said but I started walking out the room not wanting to her what was gonna come out her mouth. "EVIE"she yelled but I didn't stop I kept walking. I decided to go to Jay and Carlos room and Carlos was there by himself making me happy. "I did it"I said. "how'd it go"he asked me making me look at him. "oh"he said sighing. "Come her Eves"he said making me go sit next to him. He wrapped his arms around me hugging me and I just started crying into his chest. "it's not gonna be the same now Carlos. She might not want to be my best friend anymore"I said. "Evie that's not true and you know it"he said. "I don't know what to do and what about Doug"I said. "You're still with him"Carlos asked looking confused. "Yes I'm inlove with him to is that even possible"I said. "it's ok e everything is gonna work out"be said. We heard the door open so Carlos looked up. "Jane"Carlos said. "am I interrupting something"she said. "No"Carlos said. I looked up at her. "oh my gosh Evie"she said coming over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "what's wrong"she asked. "Can you keep a secret Jane"I said looking up. She nodded her head.

Doves pov

I sat in my bed still thinking about what Evie told me. I was shocked but I wondered why she didn't tell me. I didn't feel the same way about her. I think I didn't really know my emotions at this point but it was always something about Evie that made me the happiest kid on Earth. I had such a soft spot for her. I felt something drip from my face so I wiped it seeing it was a tear. I couldn't believe I was crying I don't even cry. My dormroom door opened so I looked at it and seen it was Carlos. "Hey"he said softly. "you knew right"I asked him. "yeah"he said sighing. "Carlos why didn't you say anything"I said. "I just found out Friday and I wanted her to tell you"he said. "She hates me now right"I said. "She doesn't but we're switching rooms for the rest of the week"he said making me sigh louder. "What am I supposed to do without my bestfriend Carlos"I said. "Mal she's coming back it's only 3 more days"he said. "I've never been away from her more than 3 hours"I said lifting up. "you're right"he said. "Can't you hang with Lonnie or uma"he said. "they're not Evie"i said. "Mal she needs time"he said sighing. "I need her now Carlos"I said whining. "go to sleep Mal"he said making me sigh. "Get out my bed"I said throwing one of my pillows at him. "fine"he said. "Thanks"I said back. "crybaby"he whispers. "Shutup"I said back closing my eyes. These are gonna be the worst 3 days of my life.