Chapter 13

Evie's pov

I put the top on my makeup cap then walked out of the bathroom. Today was Saturday and I had to make new dresses today. Doug was already in the other room waiting while Mal was sleeping. I walked out the bathroom to where me and Mal bed's were. I sat down next to the chair beside Doug's. "Shall we get to work"I said looking at Doug. "We shall"he said back smiling. We started working on Chad's cap then Audrey's dress and alot of other things. I looked over to Doug who was staring at me. "Doug you're staring"I said laughing. "Sorry"he said in his low voice. I loved his voice more than anything. It was hard to admit. I was inlove with Mal but part of me still wanted Doug. No matter how hard I tried to ignore the feeling I couldn't. "Evie"Doug said looking up at me. "yes Doug"I said. "You're so beautiful"he said making me blush. "isn't she"Mal said from behind me making me look back. "yeah she is"Doug said sighing. "what's up buddy"Mal said patting his back. He didn't say anything back. "don't be dopey"she said. "Mal leave him alone"I said. She sighed and walked into the bathroom. "is she always that mean"he asked making me laugh. "no Doug she's actually nice"I said. "yeah really nice"he said. "cheer up"I said bumping his shoulder. "Evie I really miss you"he said sighing. I sighed to. "Doug please not now I'm trying to get over you but you're making it hard"I said. "wait so you still like me"he said. "Doug please"I said. "Evie really you just admitted that you still had feelings for me"he said. "I know what I said Doug"I said growing irritated. "What did you say"Mal asked looking confused. "Mal....you scared me"I said. "Yeah whatever"she said walking out of the dorm.

Mal's POV
I walked out of the dorm because I got irritated with Evie. I knew she still had feelings for him but she could atleast try to hide them when he's around. I started to walk out to the field but Ben stopped me. "Where are you going"he said. "Where does it look like Benny boo"I said smiling. "What are you upset about Mal"he asked. "why would you think I'm upset"I said. "Mal I know you,the only time you act like this when you're mad"he said. "how am I acting"I said. "The way your were when you came from the isle"he said. "sorry"I said sighing. "what's up"he said sitting down on the bleachers. "It's Evie I know she still has feelings for Doug but the least she could do is hide them"I said. "have you talked to her about it"he asked. "No Ben it's not going to change anything"I said. "but Mal maybe it could"he said. "NO.. Ben it can't she can't help who she likes"I said. He grabbed my hand. "Mal you should still try talking to it about it. Of course she does he was her "true love"but she chose you over him didn't it . She's doing the best she can Mal haven't she done enough"Ben said. "You're right"I said. "Thanks Ben you're a good friend"I said hugging him. "So are you mal"he said. "see you later"I said getting up. "alright"he said. I ran back to my dorm when I opened the door I saw Evie and Doug kissing. "Mal"Evie said looking up at me but I closed the door and ran the other way. "Mal wait"I heard behind me but I didn't stop. I ran until I reached the front of the barrier. I decided to cross over at least I would be away from her.

.........

"Mally"my dad said as I walked into his laier. I couldn't do anything and I didn't really care if he thought I was soft now or what. I ran up to him and threw my arms around him and started crying. "Mal"he said. "what's wrong"he asked. "she cheated"I said. "she"he said confusingly. "Dad"I said. "yes"he said. "dad I was going with Evie but she was still inlove with her ex and so I left out of our dormroom and when I came back I seen them kissing"I said. "WHATT"he screamed. "Dad no please don't do anything stupid"I said. "Mal she cheated"he said. "You don't care because I'm bi"I asked. "No Mal that doesn't matter"he said. "dad I thought she loved me"I said crying. "Mal calm down it's ok"he said. "it's not dad"I said. "do you need to stay her a few days"he asked me. "YES..yes"I said. "alright make yourself comfortable"he said. "Ok"I said.

Evie's pov

I sat in my dorm room on my bed waiting for Mal to come back. It was 8:39pm and she still wasn't here she's usually here before 7. "Evie"Carlos and Jay said walking in. "guys have you seen Mal"I said jumping up. "We came to ask you"Carlos said. I started sobbing then Carlos came and hugged me. "E what's wrong"he asked me. "Mal seen me kiss Doug"I said. "Why would you do that"Jay said. "It wasn't on purpose I couldn't help it he was my true love Jay"I said. "then why did you choose Mal over him"he asked. "Because I love Mal"I said. "She's not coming back"I said then Jay ran out the room. "she hates me"I said lowly. "Evie she doesn't she's just upset"Carlos said. "I don't deserve her Carlos why am I so stupid"I said back. "Evie you're not you can't help who you love"he said. "Where is she"Ben said bursting in the room. "I don't know"I said crying. He looked at me and sighed. "I'm sorry"I said. "It's not your fault Evie"he said."it is"I said back.
"Look I'm gonna send people to watch after her you just rest"Ben said. I nodded my head. "Are you gonna be ok"Carlos asked me. "yes"I said. "ok"he said then left with Ben. I laid down and crawled under the cover. I lost the most important person in my life someone I can't live without. My sister bestfriend and my girlfriend. I laid in my bed and continue to cry. Why Evie why. I though to myself.