Part 5

It's been a week school started and finally it was Friday today. I was excited as we had a party today at Danish's place. I get to drink and dance, which I love a lot.

Jake and I for a change reached school on time today. We stopped by our locker and took our things. We make our way to first class and I go back and sit on our regular seat, whereas Jake was talking to his friends.

I open my notebook which I brought from the locker and found a piece of paper inside it. It was printed and on it was written-

"Hey nerdy I know your secret. So beware my eyes are on you.
PS Cooper I will expose you.
Love
Xoxo"

I look around to see if anyone was looking my way only to find everyone busy among themselves. I WhatsApp the image of the paper in our gang group and write "Found in my notebook someone is keeping an eye on me. We don't know what he knows. Be careful and stay alert. In school, TTYL. Lets meet sometime soon, plan and let me know." By the time I was done texting the teacher entered and Jake came and sat beside me and looked at me. I pass him the paper and he reads it and give me a horrifying look. He asked "Where did you find it?"

I whispered back "In my notebook which I brought from my locker." He kept the note in his pocket and stood up, I gave him a confused look. He asked the teacher "Sir I need to go to my locker, I forgot my book if you don't mind can I get it?" The teacher nodded and he left. 

As he left the class Matt entered and apologized for being late. Teacher gave him a lunch break detention as he had been late for the fourth time this week. He came and sat beside me and asked "Where did Jake go?" I whispered "Locker, forgot his book." He nodded and like always kept his head on the desk and slept. 

The class was over but Jake had not returned back. I tried to call him but he does not answer my call. The day passed by but there was still no sign of Jake yet so I took a cab and went home. At home I saw Jake's car parked outside so I go inside to find him. I look inside living room, his bed room, game room, garden, pool and all the remaining places but he was not there. 

So I go to my room freshen up and sleep. After about an hour I get up to see Jake lying on the couch of my room. I get up and kick him on his leg and shouted "You fucking asshole get up. Where the fuck were you? You know how worried I was?" 

He sits rubbing his eye and said "Sorry I was busy with some work. I promise to inform you next time before going. Come on lets get ready we need to go to Danish's place for party." I sat down beside him and said "First I need to know where were you? I looked for you everywhere, called you so many times at least you could have answered my call?" 

He gave me a apologetic look and said "I left my phone in the car was out with a friend. Sorry I promise to inform you next time." I just nodded, not wanting to start an argument and got up to get ready. I hear Jake say from behind me "Dad called while you were asleep, they are coming back next week." I nodded and left.

After an hour we reached the party and all our friends were already there. The guest are yet to come so we greet each other. Caleb dragged me out away from others. I asked him when we were away from others "What's up? All okay?"

He said  "The new gang we were looking for, they are involved in drug dealing, illegal weapons importing and exporting, smuggling and female trafficking." I said "Keep an eye on them. Did you find who wrote that letter?." He shook his head saying "No, not yet but we will find him soon." 

I nodded and asked him "Is anything wrong with Jake? He went missing the whole day today, bunked school and when I asked him he said was out with a friend. Everyone in the group was at their respective schools and his school friends were in school, so who is this new friend?" He shook his head and said "He called me around five today and told me about the note. Maybe he was worried about it, we all know how protective he gets when it comes to you." 

I guess maybe he is right and I maybe overthinking things. I mean it's Jake, he gets worried for me even when I am down with cold and can do anything to make it go away. He has always been like this, since the time our parents started travelling around. He had always played a role of elder brother, father, mother and in times even tried to play a role of sister which I never had. 

We went inside to see guest arriving. At party we danced and drank a lot. I guess by mid night we all were completely washed, so we all slept at Danish's place like we always did after a party. 

Matt: