Part 37

I felt like someone was pulling me outside, so to act natural I shouted "Where are you taking me, where is Damon?" I tried to get away from his grip and tried to pull my hand out of his grip. 

I heard a voice "If you don't shut now I will kill your boyfriend here." I knew that voice, it was none other than Matt. I just stayed quiet after that and just tried to concentrate about the things around me. Aiden has taught me how to guess a place or know about the things near you with your closed eye. 

He liked a girl who was blind, so to be able to talk with her, to understand her more he learned blind person's techniques but that girl died a year later due to cancer after they started dating. He is a master in that technique and taught us last year.

I from the voices guessed that there were around 8-9 people around us. After we were put inside the van, I heard two cars sound means one was ours and other might be following us or going away. 

After the car started it moved straight for approx. 3 miles, I guessed it depending upon cars speed and time. Being a racer helped to guess the speed we were in. After about 7-8 miles the car stopped and I heard a bike stop too before us. So may be it was my gang or one of their member in front of us. With us another car also stopped, so I guess another car surely was following us.

I heard someone in our car say "What is happening? Why did boss stop his bike mid way?" Another man said "Let's wait and see, he told us to be extra cautious around this girl. He told never to let our eyes leave her, she is too cunning."

One of the man laughed and said "What can she even do with tied hands and I think boss is being paranoid by her. What can a fragile girl like her do?" They all just laughed. 

Before anyone can say anything we heard Damon's voice "Where am I? Why can't I move?" And then I felt someone struggling beside me. I said "Damon it's me Tessa, you okay?" He took a deep breath and said "Tessa where are we? Are you okay?" 

I replied back "I don't know where we are but we will be okay soon." I heard a car door open, I guess it is front door someone got down and closed the door.

After few seconds I felt someone untie my hand and I heard someone whisper at me "Your gang is here when you hear first gun shot slowly remove your face cover, take him and run away. Don't move your hands now, they are untied. Let me help the boy now." I nodded and felt my hands free but kept it behind my back where they were. 

I heard a murmuring sound, means Omar was telling Damon our plan. Now all I need is to hear the first gun shot and run away from here. I heard another car door opening sound that was surely from my side but no closing sound, that means Omar left the door open for us.

After few seconds I heard a distance sound, then I heard some arguing sound. I patiently waited for a gun to fire and for us to be free. 

After two minutes there was a gun shot. I moved my hands and removed the untied rope from hand. Then I removed the face cover and blinked my eyes two to three times to adjust with the surrounding lights. 

I looked beside me to see Damon removing his face cover, he looked at me and was about to hug me I showed him my palm to stop. I told him "Later, first we need to get out of here." I looked around and no one was in the van. There was a car behind us, I told Damon "Wait here until I tell you to come out." 

He said "I am the boy and it's my responsibility to take care of you and not the other way." I just rolled my eyes and said angrily "It's not the time to argue just follow me, I know this city and places around here better than you. So just shut up and do as I say." 

He was about to say something but then closed his mouth as I gave him a stern look. I quietly got down and saw if anyone was near the van but the all the men where in front fighting among themselves. There was a man lying on the floor but I did not find my gang or uncle Alex's men anywhere around.

As I was about to turn I felt a hand on my shoulder and as a reflex action I took the hand on my shoulder and twisted it and turned to see Damon, I let his hand go and said "Can't you just listen to me for once? Just follow me." He nodded.

I then went near the car behind us and looked inside no one was in there. I went near the driver seat and found the car key inside. I told Damon "Get in fast but don't make any noise, let's borrow this car." 

He did as I told him and sat in the passenger seat, I quietly went and sat in driver's seat and started the car. As soon as the car started the men might have heard the sound and they stopped talking or fighting among themselves and turned towards us.

I saw the men pointing the gun towards us. I put the car in reverse mode and we started moving back. That moment I saw a bike, I had a plan in my mind. 

I told Damon "I am stopping the car the men will come forward. As soon as they are near the car, I will race the car in front. When we reach the bike, if the bike has key on it just remove it. They cannot follow us with that van too far. As the speed of van is less than car speed. So we just need to get the bike key so that we can reach home safely." 

He nodded and asked "Where are we?" I was not sure as there were only trees around and no board sign or shop around. I said "Not sure yet, let's get away from them first then we will find our way back home." 

I then as planned stop the car and as predicted the men did start coming towards us. When they were near us, I raced the car and went in front. The men tried to fire but missed. As we passed the men they moved away from in front as none of them wanted to die. I would have ran over the car on them if they did not move. I had to do it to save us or else they would have killed us. 

Damon did as he was told he open the window ready to take the bike key if there was any. We just got lucky when I stopped the car near the bike and Damon removed his hand from window and then brought his hand in a minute later and showed me the key. 

As I was about to start the car, I heard the door sound and looked behind to see the man on the floor earlier get in. He had blood on his head and he looked badly injured. Damon helped him in and then I raced at full speed. 

Damon kept looking behind to see if the men were coming behind us and was also keeping eye on the injured man. 

I while driving asked the injured man "Who are you and why did you get in our car?"

He said "I work for William he told me to come in front of the car and make it look like an accident. But I was too reckless and got injured badly. I was to pretend to be unconscious after Omar fire the gun towards me. When your car stopped I thought you came to help me and got in your car. Why did you stop the car?" 

Damon said "To get the bike key." He then turned towards me and whispered in my ears "He looks suspicious." I nodded and drove.