Part 39

Jake's POV: 

It's been a week since Tessa was rushed to the hospital, but she is still not conscious. Doctor removed a bullet from her knee and told us that the bullet has caused a lot of damage to her leg. After she wakes up it will take a year or two for her to start walking back. 

Flashback:

"The operation was a success, we were able to remove the bullet but it has damaged her knee and it will take a year or two and Physiotherapy for her to walk again. She went into coma due to shock and blood loss but we anticipate her to be awake in a week. If you need any help feel free to call me anytime Alex." The doctor told us.

Mom after hearing this felt unconscious and was rushed to emergency room. She had a miscarriage due to stress, doctor told us not to stress her more as it could lead to depression. Dad and I told the doctor not to tell her about the child until Tessa wakes up.

The doctor agreed and left us all alone. Now in the waiting room were me, dad, uncle Alex, aunt Lily and Damon. Dad turned to uncle and said "This is all because of you, you knew my daughter was a gang leader but never stopped her. Because of you my unborn child is dead and my daughter is in this state. I don't want to see you or your family anywhere near my family."

Uncle did not say anything and left and aunt followed him. Damon said "Uncle it was not uncle's fault but mine. If I was not in her life..." Before he could complete his sentence dad slapped him on his face and said "Stay away from my daughter, if I ever see you anywhere near her I will make sure you are dead before you can even say her name." 

After that dad left and I hugged Damon and said "I know it is not your fault, everything will be fine once she wake up." He did not say anything and left.

Flashback end's:

It's been a week since all those drama and Damon has gone missing leaving Jessie in uncle and aunt's care. Uncle and aunt visit Tessa when mom dad were not around. Eva told me Damon left a note saying not to find him, he will come back soon. 

Today when Eva came she brought two letters and gave it to me. One had Tessa's name and other had my name. I open my letter and read it. 

Jake,
I am sorry brother for breaking my promise to protect your sister. I was a wrong person for her, she needed protection from me. I hope she will be fine soon and back on the tracks racing. 

I don't know what to say more but I wish you all the happiness in your life. I don't want you or Tessa to ever find me. I want you to forget me and help Tessa do the same. Help her move on and please take care of Jessie. You are her god father and the best father she can ever have. 

I know you like Eva, please take care of her too. You may think you can hide things from me but you know I can catch lies easily. I knew you liked her from the day we had night over at your place. She is a perfect girl for you, please don't ever lose her.

Once Tessa is awake please give her my letter, it contains my last wish for her. Those will be the last words she will ever hear from me.

Take care brother.
Love,
Damon.

I had tears in my eyes and folded that letter. How can Damon leave me like this, he is my best friend. I don't know how will Tessa react to this, shit Damon in which situation have you left me.

How will I repair the broken friendship between dad and uncle. Damon please return soon, what will I tell Jessie why did her father leave her. 

While I was thinking about Damon the nurse rushed out and said "Your sister is awake I will call the doctor you can see her." As soon as she said that I rushed in and saw Tessa adjusting to the lights. I went near her and stood beside her bed, before we could say anything the doctor rushed in.

He said "Jake let me run some test really fast then you can talk to her." I nodded, went and sat on the couch in her hospital room. I texted mom dad, uncle Alex, Eva and our other friends that she is awake.

Dad even told our friends to stay away from us and blamed them too. Caleb was blaming himself for introducing Linda to us. He blames himself, for everything that happened.

After few minutes doctor said "She is fine now, but has to stay in hospital until she can walk again. She will have a nurse 24*7 with her, who will take care of her." I thanked him and he left, followed by the nurse.

I sat beside Tessa and asked "How are you feeling now?" She said "I am good how about you?" I replied back "I am all good now, you scared us all." She asked "Where is everyone?" 

I said "Mom dad will be here any minute as for others you won't see them around much. Dad found about gang and bike race and is blaming everyone. He told everyone to stay away from you. But don't worry when mom dad are away they all will visit you."

She nodded and tried to move her right leg and failed to do it. She hissed in pain and had tears in her eyes. I asked "You okay?" She shook her head and asked "What is wrong with my leg? Why can't I move it?" 

I told her what doctor had told me and she did not say anything just closed her eyes. I can see tears fall down from her face and knew she was crying.

After about 10 minutes mom and dad came. They tried to talk to her but she did not open her eye. Dad said "Elsa, Tessa I need to tell you two something." Mom said "What?" 

Dad said "Elsa you had a miscarriage sorry I did not tell you earlier." Mom who was sitting beside Tessa said "I knew the child was gone, I could feel it. I feel betrayed by both of you."

She cried and Tessa for the first time since mom dad arrived opened her eye and placed her hand on mom hands and said crying "Sorry mom it is all my fault. If I did not race and was not a gang leader all this would have not happened." 

Dad said "It is not your fault but Alex, he should have never allowed you to be a gang leader."

Before Tessa could reply two nurses came in and one of them said "Hello everyone I am Sofia and she is Haven we both will be Tessa's nurse until the time she don't get all fit and back on her legs. The visiting hours are over I request you all to leave, she needs rest you can come back tomorrow morning." 

We all said our goodbyes and then left. I did not give Tessa her letter, I will give it to her tomorrow when I will be around her, when she read the letter.