Part 42

He removed his helmet and I hugged him and said crying "Stop pretending to care, when you don't. If you did you would have never left me with that stupid note." 

He hugged me back and we stayed like that, I felt wetness on my shoulder and knew he was also crying. I pulled away and gave key to Eric and said "Take your bike I will see you tomorrow and then explain you everything." 

He nodded and looked at Damon, when Damon nodded he left. Damon was just staring at me. I said "Stop staring and take me home." He nodded and followed my instruction. I gave him my address and he rode us there. The ride was silent none of us did not say anything. I just kept hugging him from behind and he did not even move.

When we reached my place I told him to park his bike and he did as he was told, I took his hand and dragged him to my place. As soon as we entered my house, I closed the front door and fall down on my knees and started crying. He just sat beside me and side hugged me until I was calm.

He asked me when I had finally stopped crying "Are you okay?" I nodded and asked him in a low voice "Why did you leave me Damon? Do you know how difficult was it for me?"

He said "Tessa I am nothing but trouble, wherever I go trouble follows me. I would have only hurt you more." 

I said "As if I was too happy for the past years while you were gone. I did as you told me, I played cupid for Eva and Jake they are getting married in two months. But I could never forget you, when Jessie was always around me. I knew Caleb was telling you about us, but I told him only to tell things which I wanted after I found out." 

I again began to cry and told him "I wanted you to miss on other things like Jessie's birthday parties, Eva and Jake's romance and me completing my high school. Caleb only told you sad stories about us so that you would regret leaving us." 

He hugged me and said "You need to stay away from me I am nothing but a curse to people I love. I also destroyed uncle's friendship with your dad. Because of me you missed two years of your life."

I said "It was not because of you and I am fine now back to racing and those two years helped me grow up and be the person I could have never be."

He just cried and said nothing. We sat like that in tears for an hour or so. I did not let go of his hand and kept staring at him, as if it was a dream and anytime I open my eyes and he will be gone.

He said after some time "I will leave now, I will talk to you tomorrow." I shook my head and caught his arm and said "Don't leave, if you go now I will lose you again. I know you will disappear." 

He shook his head and said "I will pick you up tomorrow morning for college, as Eric told me his new friend also attend same college as us. I guess you are his new friend we will see each other tomorrow morning." I shook my head and said "Promise?" He promised me and then kissed on my cheek and left.

All night I stayed up thinking about him as I could not sleep, I did not wanted it to be a dream that in morning I get up and he is gone.

I knew he was attending Harvard from Caleb and hence I came here. At first my parents were not ready but Jake helped me a lot to convince them once he knew why I wanted to go. Only Jake and Caleb knew the real reason why I was here and I like to keep it that way.

Next morning I got ready super early and went down and waited for Damon. After about 15 minutes I saw his bike coming my way. When he stopped in front of me, I hugged him and said "I missed you." 

He did not say anything but drove me to college and when we reached he said before leaving "I will see you after classes and Eric will not ask you anything, if you want you can tell him whenever you feel okay."

I nodded and he left. He did not even hugged me back earlier and did not even give me a hug now. Do he has someone else in his life now? Does he not love me anymore.

I saw Eric coming my way and waved at him, he asked me "You okay now?" I nodded and asked him "Hey want to bunk? We can mark our attendance and then slip out of class what say?" 

He said "Wow I never knew nerd was also a bad girl! I am in." I rolled my eyes and then I realized he just called me nerd like Damon used to and asked him "Did Damon tell you that I was a nerd?" 

He just nodded and said "I know Damon for the past two years, he did not tell me much about you but I know few things. Anyways lets go to class then we will talk later." 

Eric and I marked our attendance and slipped out of class from the back door. We went to a cafe near college and ordered coffee. I asked him "First you tell me how you know Damon and why do you call him elder brother then I will tell you my story." 

He sipped his coffee and said "Two years back during summer holidays I was begin bullied by few guys for being gay, I was physically not too fit as I am now. Damon saved me from those guy and gave me a place to stay with him. My parents threw me out from our house when they found out I was gay. Damon had been an elder brother to me since then. He taught me to fight, ride bike and even pay all my expenses." 

He stopped for a moment and then continued "I know about you because Damon sometimes has nightmares and would scream Tessa, Jessie, Mom, Dad or Ava. When I asked him about this people he told me Tessa was his nerd friend and other were his family members. He still has those nightmares. He never told me what happened in his past and said he does not want me to worry about it."

He again stopped to take a sip of coffee and then continued "When I met you for a moment I thought you were Damon's Tessa but then I remembered you were no where near nerd and rubbed it off but last night when I saw both of you I knew you were her. Now please tell me what happened in the past so that I can also help Damon." 

Hey everyone I am ending this book in a hurry because I am not getting a good response. I will complete it and then write a new book. I hope you will like my new book and enjoy it.