Part 32

Next morning I got up early as I had to go to amusement park with Damon and Jessie, I got ready and came down to see Jake eating some medicine. I asked him worried "Are you okay?" He showed me the medicine and said "It's just Aspirin, had a hangover." 

I asked him worried "You have been drinking a lot for past two week and you don't seem good also Jake tell me what is going on." He said "It's nothing Tes, will tell you some other day. Anyways where are you going?" 

I was worried and said "Jake I need to know what is going on now. You have lost weight, there are dark circles around your eyes that means you are not getting proper sleep, you look tired and sick. So you better tell me now what the fuck is wrong with you." 

He looked angry and said "You want to know what is wrong then listen, every fucking small thing is wrong in my life. I like a girl but she is madly in love with some other boy and the guy she is madly in love with is cheating on her. I am coward and can't even tell her. I am going mad thinking of it all day and night. I need to stop thinking about all this but I can't so I drink to forget it all." He broke down with tears in his eyes. I have never seen him like this ever before.

I sat down beside him on the floor and hugged him and said "Jake everything will be okay I am here for you. You want me to talk to that girl? Do I know her?" He just hugged me tightly and we sat there like that for few minutes.

After that he thanked me for listening to him and went to his room. I checked my phone to see that it's time Damon would be here any minute. As I was about to make coffee for me my phone rang and it was Damon asking me to come outside. 

I went out to see Damon's car and went towards it. Damon hugged me and then opened the door for me and I slid inside and saw that Jessie was sleeping in the back seat. 

Damon came and sat in the driver seat and began to drive. He said "I know I woke you up early if you want you can sleep too we will need an hour to reach the park."

I said "Damon I am hungry can we wait somewhere in between to eat I was talking to Jake so I could not eat anything before coming." 

Damon nodded and said "Okay I will stop somewhere to eat. Can I ask you something?" I nodded and he asked "Is Jake okay he seems lost this days, he is drinking a lot and he looks sick."

I said "That's what I asked him and he had a breakdown." He stopped the car and looked worried and asked "What is wrong with him? Shall we cancel this trip and stay with him? He might just need you or me." 

I shook my head and said "No he is okay now, he went to sleep before I came here. He likes someone but that girl is in relationship and he found that the boy she is dating is cheating on her. He thinks he is a coward for not being able to tell her." 

He saw tears flowing down my eyes he wiped them of with his hand and hugged me and said "I will talk to him and find a way to help him, don't you worry he will be back to his old self in a few days."

I crying said "I hope so, I have never seen him like this. I am worried..." 

Before I could continue my phone rang and it was a call from dad I said to Damon "I need to answer this." He nodded and I answered the call "Hello?" Dad said worried and in a hurry "Tessa where are you? I want you to reach City hospital as soon as possible."

I ask worried "Dad is everything okay? Is mom okay?" He said "Mom is okay but come as soon as possible." I nodded and turned to Damon "Sorry Damon but I can't come with you today I need to go to hospital. I will call a cab you two enjoy." 

He looked at me with a sad face and said "We can go other time and I am coming with you to hospital. Your family is mine too. Let us drop Jessie home and we will go to hospital." I nodded and gave him the address. He continued to drive, his speed was faster than earlier. 

We reached his place and he went down and carried Jessie in and within 2 minutes he was out and started driving. We reached hospital and I saw my dad waiting for me near the reception. He looked at Damon and then said "Follow me." 

We both silently followed him and when we reached on floor 4 I saw mom sitting on a chair crying and aunt Lily hugging her and calming her down. I ran towards them and asked "Mom is everything okay? Are you or baby hurt? Where is Jake?" 

She looked at me and hugged me and cried more. I hugged her back and looked at dad for answers. He said "It's Jake he fell down from terrace. We don't know how it happened but One of the butler ran in and informed us and called ambulance. I called Alex and Lily, then I called you. Alex went to buy coffee for your mom and aunt." 

I cried harder and said "I should have not left him alone this morning it is all my mistake." Mom's hug around me tightened and Damon came and sat beside me and said "It is not your fault you did not knew this would have happened you thought he was sleeping." 

He kept talking to me until I was calm. Few minutes later when I was calm he went somewhere and I just kept hugging mom. Jake was in OT and we were waiting outside for his operation to be over soon.

A few minutes later Damon was back with a sandwich and a coffee and forced it in my mouth. I told him I did not wanted to eat it but he forced it in my mouth.

After about an hour the doctor came out and said "He is fine now just lost lot of blood, he needs to stay in hospital for a week and you all can see him tomorrow. Only one family member is allowed to stay with him in the hospital. We will shift him in his room in few minutes you can see him from outside and then only one member can stay." 

We all nodded dad said "Thank you doctor." Doctor left and dad said "I will stay with him." I shook my head and said "Dad you stay with mom, I will stay here with Jake, mom needs you more and if I need anything I will call you." 

He was about to say something when uncle Alex cut him off and said "I agree with her she can take care of him and you need to stay with Elsa. I think it is better that you all shift to our place until Jake is fine and back home." Dad nodded and took mom with him to get Jake and my things. 

Uncle turned towards Damon and said "Take your aunt home, I will comeback after Jake is shifted to his room."

He nodded and left with aunt. Uncle turned towards me and said "I am appointing two of my guards outside for your safety until Jake is in hospital. Be safe and if you need anything give me a call." I nodded and then we both waited for Jake to be shifted.