Part 18

Last evening when we came back home Mom was kind of depressed so she quietly went in her room, maybe to call dad. I went up to my room and freshened up. After that I came down and asked the maid to cook for mom and me.

I had plans with my friends, we were supposed to meet at Danish's place so I texted in group message.

"I won't be able to come in the evening. Danish take care, I will see you tomorrow if possible."

Samuel replied first "All okay?"

I replied "Mom is not well so can't leave her alone at home, she is pregnant."

After that everyone had send almost the same text "Congrats, take care. See you soon."

After that I saw the text of Damon from last night

1 "I usually drink a beer and play games or Netflix and chill."

2 "I guess you fell asleep. Good night."

3 "Hey did you finish your assignment, we are supposed to submit it on Monday."

I completely forgot about it, so I called Damon he answered within few seconds.

D: Hello?

T: Hey, Tessa here. Sorry I fell asleep last night, I was kind of too tired.

D: No problem, it was late too. Anyways nerd did you finish your assignment?

T: Nope I completely forgot about it, maybe if you want we can complete it together. That way it will be easier, I can help you write about me and you can help me write about you.

D: Okay lets do it tomorrow. What time and where do we meet?

T: How about my place? My mom is not well and I don't want to leave her alone. Time whenever you are free?

D: Okay I am okay with it. How about morning 11? Because my cousin is back in town and she wants me to take her shopping. So we can complete are work by afternoon and then I can take her for shopping.

T: Cool see you in the morning then bye.

D: Bye.

I disconnected the call and went to see in the kitchen if food was ready. It was ready so I asked the maid to set the table and went to call mom.

I knocked on her door and she said "Come in"

I went inside to see her lying on her bed, she had swollen eyes that means she cried. I asked her "Mom you okay? Do you want me to get your food here only?"

She said "I am okay, I will be out in a minute and your dad is coming back tomorrow evening."

I nodded and left her room. I sat at the table and waited for mom to come, when she came we ate silently and after she was done she left without a word. I was kind of worried about her, I have never seen her so upset or sad. Even when on my 13th birthday she told us about my mother's and Jake's dad story she had a smile on her face and did not cry.

I went up to my room and read a book by Nicholas Sparks 'Safe Haven'. I had watched the movie and liked it so wanted to read the book. I had brought it last week and finally started to read it today.

I was too engrossed in my book when I heard mom's door open, I went out to see if she needed anything. She was going down so I asked her "Mom do you need anything?" She said "I need water, my jug is empty so was going down to refill it.

I took the jug from her and said "You rest I will get it for you and if you need anything call the maids or me to do it. Don't walk around in dark, it's not safe. I have tripped many times at night time when I walked down to get things from downstairs without turning the lights on."

She just laughed lightly and said "I will remember it from next time." I went down and refilled her jug and gave it to her. I came back to my room and saw that it was already 10:30, so I set an alarm for 9:00 am and went to sleep.

Next morning when I got up it was 10:00 am as I kept on snoozing my alarm for past one hour. I hurriedly freshened up and had a shower. I wore one of Jake's t-shirt as they are too comfortable and a blue jeans. I saw a new text from Damon "Hey if you don't mind can I tag along my cousin? She is bugging me to take her with me."

I replied "Yes, no problem. See you soon." I went down after sliding my phone in my jeans pocket and saw mom eating pancakes. I went down and sat beside her and asked "How are you feeling now?"

She said "I am feeling better now and I won't let anything related to him hurt me or my child." I gave her a smile and said "That's good because seeing you like that yesterday had me worried. Anyways mom my school friend is coming over to complete an assignment along with his cousin."

She said "I am so happy at least I get to meet your friends finally. I thought you were a loner." I just rolled my eyes and ate boiled egg along with pancakes. M and I had small talks about when Jake was returning back. What do I plan to do in future. If Jake and I were dating anyone.

We talked for about half an hour when I heard the door bell ring. I saw the time on my phone and it was 11:00 am, a butler came and said "A boy named Damon is here to see you Tessa Madam. Should I send him in?" I nodded and said "Yes let them in."

Mom and I made our way towards the living room and waited for him to come in. When he came in following the butler and behind him a girl whose face was not visible I stood up to greet them. When I stood up I saw the girls face, I ran and hugged her.