Nothing Changed

(I know i've been making then deleting stories, so i'm sorry. If this flops, i don't know what i'll do)

3rd person pov

Sniffling slightly a young boy rubbed his nose, having fallen on his face earlier when being tripped up. Looked ahead of him the boy was greeted by a view of a small, dying garden, not the most idealic view.

He sat down, looking to the ground while staying silent. His shirt was baggy which revealed a star shaped birth mark on his left collar bone when he leaned to the left, despite his pleas he couldn't get better clothes.

A tired breath left him before he looked up on hearing the bell being rung, quickly getting up the boy rushed towards the door to get inside otherwise he'd get in trouble for tardiness

Getting inside he lined up with the other kids at the orphanage, being inspected by one of the caretakers as they all tried to look presentable, cleanliness is close to godliness after all.

She passed by Y/N, seeing the dirt on his pants before shaking her head disapprovingly, the boy hanging his slightly as he patted his legs slightly to try and get it off of him.

Grelod: There's a family coming in a few minutes, do not approach them, only talk to them if they talk to you, got it?

All: Yes Ma'am

The kids were dismissed to their beds to sit at to do whatever as the family came in. A man with short blonde hair walked in alongside a pregnant woman with black and red hair along with a young girl that shared her father's hair colour.

Tai: Are you sure about this, i mean Ruby'll be born soon, right?

Summer: There's still a few months until she's expect. Besides, i'd like to have a big family, and i think Yang would like having another sibling

Yang: Am i gonna get a brother or sister?

The woman nodded before Grelod approached the family, talking to them about how nice and wonderful the orphanage is and how all the kids are well behaved.

Being informed to simply have a look around, like shopping for fruit, Grelod went off to get the paper work as the three began looking at the children. Some played together, others read books and a few just sat there.

The young boy rubbed his nose agaom, it feeling sore as Summer began to walk over to him, Tai was hesitant but followed which made Yang follow alongside her father, the two shortly behind Summer.

Summer: Are you okay?

He looked up to see the smiling face of Summer, nodding slightly she hummed softly before placing her hand on his shoulder making the boy tense up slightly, the woman shutting her eyes.

A moment later a gold aura flashed around the boy as his nose no longer hurt. Summer opened her eyes and took her hand back, still smiling at him as he looked to her in amazement.

Summer: My name's Summer Rose, what's yours?

?: I-It's Y/N- what did you just do, was that magic?

Summer: No, silly. I used my aura to activate yours, although i wasn't sure if that was going to work...

Y/N: Thank you, Miss Summer!

She ruffled his hair slightly before standing up and walking over to her husband and step daughter, Tai antsy about how she just does stuff like that without thinking about the consequences.

Summer: I like him

Tai: You can't just do stuff like that without their person, Summer

Summer: Well, what do you think, Yang?

Yang: I'd like to have a brother...

Summer: Two to one. It's settled then

After sorting out the paper work Y/N was taken back to the Rose/Xiao Long household. Once stepping inside he looked around in amazement, it looking so much nicer to what he's used to.

Summer closed the door behind her, Y/N looking to her before he stood there awkwardly. She smiled at him, kneeling down the pregnant woman ruffled his hair, soon standing back up.

Summer: Do you want to see your room?

He nodded, following behind Summer as she lead the young boy through the house. While walking he was in awe of how their house looked, Summer noticing and giggling lightly.

They stopped in front of a door, Summer pushing it open to show a room that wasn't very big but it had a good air about it. There was a bed that was next to a window along with a bedside table and a set of drawers.

His eyes widened as he took a stel inside, looking around before a shaky smile made it's way to his face. He turned to Summer who was standing at the door frame, her hands folded in front of her.

Summer: Even though me and Tai are your new parents, i won't force you to call me Mom or call him Dad. Just call us whatever you're comfortable with, okay?

Y/N: Okay... thank you so much, for all of this

She just smiled, walking out the room and leaving Y/N to do as he pleased. Going over to a mirror he looked over himself, his shirt drooping to show his birthmark so be hastily pulled it back up as Yang came over.

Compared to Y/N, being 4, she was only 2 so there was a bit of a difference in their ages. She came over to him as Y/N turned, a bit startled by her suddenly appearance. Looking up at Y/N Yang watched him curiously.

Yang: Are you my brother now?

Y/N: Um... yes?

Quickly she hugged him, happy she had a brother and soon a sister as well. Y/N flinched, looking down at his step sister before awkwardly hugging her back making the toddler smile.

Tai appeared in the door frame, seeing the two which made Y/N freeze as his Step Dad signalled for Yang to come over. She complied, walking out the room and leaving with Tai leaving Y/N all alone.

He climbed onto his bed and sat down in it, looking to his mirror for a moment as he swore he saw someone else's reflection but upon looking again he only saw himself, for some reason.

Thinking he was just tired Y/N layed down and rested his head on the surprisingly soft pillow, almost instantly falling asleep. Summer peaked into the room, seeing his sleeping form she came in and pulled the covers over him.

Closing the curtains Summer went over to the door and turned off the light, soon closing the door before leaning against it as he rubbed hee stomach slightly, a smile on her face.

(Timeskip of a 4 years, give or take a couple weeks)

Summer had left on a mission a few weeks ago at this point, her return was expected last week so when she didn't come back things were... bad. Tai couldn't stop worrying, making the three kids try and take care of themselves.

They didn't really know how to make food, but Ruby got hungry and wouldn't stop complaining so Y/N went into the kitchen and managed to climb onto the counter to try and grab food from the cupboards.

However Tai walked into the kitchen as he did, spotting Y/N and getting mad that he was trying to steal food. Turning to see his Step Dad Y/N froze, the man approaching the young boy.

Tai: After all we do for you, you try and steal from us?!

Y/N: N-No, that's not what i'm doin-

Grabbing Y/N's wrist he pulled him down from the counter roughly. Wincing in pain Y/N rubbed his wrist before Tai smacked him making the boy stumble slightly, holding his cheek as tears poked at the corners of his eyes.

Tai: If i catch any of you stealing, you'll get the same treatment!

Y/N scurried off to his room, trying to collect himself as he sniffled and rubbed his now red and sore cheek. Reaching it he shut the door before sitting down by his bed, glancing to the mirror

?: Hitting a child, has this man got no honour...?

Y/N: W-Who said that?

?: It'll be okay, i swear i'll help you, we all will

(Lemme know what you think)