Being Shown up

3rd person pov

Jonathan: He's a Brando... i didn't know any of DIO's children survived

Jolyne: It seems there was one that even Pucci didn't know about, and this is the result when he reset the universe

They watched from a distance as Y/N was sat in class, making modifications to his shield, but he was the only one inside. Truth be told, unless he was alone with Velvet, things were bad for him.

Much like his ancestor before him, Dino had a way of charming people over to his side. Y/N let out a breath, pressing a button which made the shield unfold so he started working on the interior.

He mumbled quietly to himself, tightening a few screws before letting out a breath and pressing the button from before which made the shield fold back up into it's storage form.

Standing up he grabbed it and mumbled to himself quietly, behind him the door opened making him turn to it, seeing Velvet who began walking up to him as her hands were behind her back.

Velvet: It's late, why aren't you in your dorm?

Y/N: It's Dino, or as he's been telling people to call him, Dio. I can't get any rest with him around

Velvet: Well, maybe we can go for a walk then

Y/N: ...Sure, i could use the fresh air

Getting up as he strapped his shield to his wrist Y/N walked towards the door as Velvet stepped out the way. The two began walking through the halls as Y/N stuck his hands in his pockets.

They made their way outside as someone watched them from a distance, they glared at Velvet with jealousy before retreating. Said faunas smiled slightly as her folded her hands in front of her as they got outside.

Velvet: I want to know something... how did you find out about these "stands"?

Y/N: Uhh... a book from this town i went to

Velvet: Is there anyway for me to get a stand then?

Y/N: I mean, maybe. But i don't know how you would

She nodded slightly, Y/N reached up and rubbed his neck before they stopped at a rather large tree. Looking out to it Y/N saw that the leaves were dying so he paused and let out a breath.

His hand crackled with Hamon a few moments later, placing his hand on the tree the leaves began regaining their colour. Taking his hand back Y/N smiled slightly as the faunas looked to him for a brief moment.

One of the remaining dead leaves fell off the tree and landed on Y/N's head, Velvet giggling slightly before she reached up and took it off. In the process the two's faces got close, Velvet looked to him and realised it.

She blushed, stepping back as Y/N's cheeks were dusted red for a moment. He cleared his throat, patting his chest and accidentally opening his shield which made him stumble back.

Tripping over one of the trees roots he fell onto his backside, the shield closing before he sighed amd Velvet looked over. She couldn't help but laugh slightly, covering her mouth with her hand which made Y/N roll his eyes before Velvet sat down too.

Y/N: What did you do for your weapon?

Velvet: Well, my semblance allows me to copy other people's fighting styles, so i need something that allows me to have a varied weapon

Y/N: Hmm, that's tough to figure out. I doubt you can carry alot of weapons anyway

Velvet: No, i can't. So i used hard light dust and made this

Reaching behind her Velvet pulled out a metal looking slab from her bag. It was flat in design with a blue glowing circle in the middle and handles on the smaller sides with buttons on them.

Velvet: I'll need to get it smaller, so this is just a prototype

Y/N: What's it do?

Velvet: Place your shield on it

Complying Y/N took it off his wrist, placing it on the machine but nothing happened. Velvet made him hold it above the blue circle before she pressed a few buttons and it began scanning it.

Once done and after Y/N took his shield back a holographic copy was created and Velvet strapped it around her wrist, pressing a button it folded out into it's shield form making Y/N's eyes widen in surprise.

Y/N: Wh- That's amazing! Although, maybe it could be used like taking a picture

The faunas tilted her head in confusion after turning off the machine which made the shield disappear. She tried to understand what he ment, but couldn't so the young teen cleared his throat.

Y/N: Like... you could scan it before hand or something like that, and store it in a memory drive that you can cycle through

Velvet: ...I could make it into a camera. Yeah, that could work!

Timeskip

The young teen rubbed the back of his neck, looking to his dorm room door before he let out a breath and pushed it open only to see the mostly dark room. Dino sat on his bed with a book in hand, glancing to the door as it opened.

Stepping inside Y/N slipped off his shoes as well as taking off his jacket which made his shirt slip down enough to show his birthmark. Dino's eyes widened slightly upon seeing it, quickly placing his book down he hopped down from his bunk.

Dino: How did you get that mark on your neck?

Y/N: What?

Dino: The mark, right there

He grabbed Y/N by the collar, moving the neck of his shirt to expose the star shaped birthmark. Looking to it in disbelief Dino mumbled something before moving his sights to Y/N and glaring at him.

Dino: What's the meaning of this?

Y/N: It's just a birthmark! What's your problem?

Dino: My problem is that you saw mine, and made a fake one for yourself, didn't you!?

Y/N: Did you saw you have one too?

The blonde haired teen moved his shirt collar aside, showing his own birthmark which made Y/N gasp slightly. Dino let go of his collar before pushing Y/N away, his back hitting the wall.

Dino: Make sure you never show it, i don't want people thinking i'm related to someone like you

Y/N: What do you mean by that, why are you like this?!

Dino: Because i, Dio, am number one. I won't let some brat pass me up just because he thinks he can be a Huntsman

Y/N: I can be one, just you wai-

A swift elbow thrusted into Y/N's face, blood running from his nose as Dino glared at him with malice. Y/N stumbled back before wiping the blood from his nose, looking to it he gritted his teeth and swung his fist at Dino.

It was parried, Dino leading him into the wall and slammed his face into it. Holding Y/N's arms against his back and the wall the young teen struggled as Dino leaned towards one of his ears.

Dino: I won't allow it, someone like it doesn't deserve to be a Huntsman

Timeskip

The young teen walked through the building, yesterdays events playing through his mind as he wiped his nose and kept his head down before stashing his hands in his pockets.

Y/N: I show him, i can be one...

?: If you are, then you'll obviously need some help

Turning Y/N saw someone sitting by a window, their body spectral. He wore a light blue hat, most of his outfit consisting of the same colour although he hat small pink stars on his pants and light purple sleeves.

Y/N: You're one of my ancestors, right?

?: That's right. My name is Johnny Joestar, and i can teach you something that'll surely help you become a Huntsman, and upstage Dino

(Lemme know what you think)