People's limits

(Who do y'all wanna see next?)

3rd person pov

Jolyne: Remember, Stands awaken under a feeling of intense pressure. Like if you want to protect yourself, or beat someone up

Y/N: How am i going to do that?

Jolyne: Hmm... that's a good point

She thought for a moment, crossing her arms as she rubbed her chin. Climbing out the water Y/N tried himself off while Jolyne thought about how to draw out his stand before she snapped her fingers.

Jolyne: I got it! Just like how Jonathan went inside your body, and allowed you to use Hamon, i can go inside yours and you can practice with my stand

Before Y/N could possibly object she grabbed his shoulder, disappearing inside of him as his eyes had a new glimmer. Taking a breath the young boy tried to think about how to use it, but nothing popped up.

However he heard some commotion from ahead of him, by the town. Curiously Y/N approached the source of the noise as he heard rustling coming from it, the noise trailing to an alley.

Looking inside Y/N saw Velvet who was being cornered by the boys that were a few years older then the both of them. He tilited his head, not knowing what was going on as Jolyne watched from his body.

Boy: My dad says faunas like you shouldn't be around humans. And he's right, you're just a dumb rabbit

She looked away, sniffing slightly as Y/N was appalled at their words, not knowing why they would say something like that. One of the boys grabbed one of Velvet's faunas ears and yanked on them making her cry out in pain.

Suddenly a string wrapped around his hand and pulled it away, Y/N had reached his hand out and was able to subconsciously use Jolyne's stand as the string came from his hand.

Boy: What the hell happened?

Y/N: Leave her alone!

They all turned to see Y/N as the string trailed back to his hand. The boys looked to his hand in fear, unsure why it looked like that and finding it really creepy, so they quickly fled.

He managed to recall Stone Free, the string unravelling from the fleeing boy and turning Y/N's hand back to normal. Velvet looked at him slowly as Jolyne left his body, disappearing.

Velvet: Th-Thank you

Y/N: Are you okay?

Velvet: My... My ears hurt...

Y/N: Jonathan said something about Hamon healing people

The boy mumbled so Velvet couldn't hear him, he corrected his breathing making Hamon crackle around his hands. Approaching Velvet he hovered them just above her Faunas ears as the young girl looked to him in confusion.

For her, the pain vanished, Hamon numbing the pain she felt making her eyes widen in amazement. Taking his hands back Y/N began breathing normally as they fell by his sides.

Y/N: Do they feel better now?

Velvet: Yes, thank you!

She smiled at him brightly which made Y/N smile too, however he soon stopped upon seeing a familiar figure at the end of the alley, Qrow. He tried to activate Stone Free but nothing happened as Jolyne had gone so he panicked slightly.

Velvet: What's wrong?

Y/N: I-I need to hide, quickly

They looked around, seeing a stack of boxes so the young boy quickly hid behind them, Velvet was confused as to why but she turned to see Qrow at the end of the alley, assuming it was because of him.

A few moments paased before Qrow took a swig from his flask amd walked away, Y/N let out a sigh of relief and came out from behind the boxes and the two left the alley a minute later.

They stayed silent, walking through the streets as Velvet was practically leading him due to Y/N not going through here much. She cleared her throat making him look to her.

Velvet: Who was that?

Y/N: He's kind of my uncle

Velvet: Kind of, what do you mean by that?

Y/N: I'm adopted, and he's my step dad's first wife's brother

Velvet: That's confusing

She giggled, smiling as they soon stopped outside a quaint two story house. Opening the door Velvet walked inside, turning back to Y/N and gesturing for her to come inside he did.

It was nice looking on the inside, a weapon sat on the wall which was possibly used just incase the odd Grimm comes into town. The furniture was clean, the whole thing seeming homey.

Looking around Y/N made sure not to touch anything, however being here reminded him of his old home, making the boy miss his sisters. A frown appeared on his face, suddenly leaving and shutting the door quietly.

Velvet came back to where Y/N was, looking around for him but not finding the boy. Outside Y/N searched for Qrow, feeling homesick despite Jonathan's warnings of not going back.

Jolyne: Y/N, what are you doing?

Y/N: I-I wanna go home, i miss my family

Jolyne: Look, i know this is tough for you. But i promise, things won't get better if you go back

Y/N: ...How do you know?

Jolyne: There's must be a reason as to why you can see us now. So we need to make sure you're ready for something that might come your way

He hesitated, stopping as Jolyne stood beside him. Y/N took a moment before he looked to the Spectral woman and nodded. The two continued walking as they made their way to the river bed.

Y/N: Oh, we should probably leave... i saw my uncle here

Jolyne: Seriously? Give me a break

?: I can't see the resemblance between the two, apart from that

?: They're both tough though, frighteningly so

Jonathan: Indeed. Women today are quite strong, but i can never bring myself to fight one

?: Good grief. Aren't you a the perfect gentlemen?

(Lemme know what you think)