Coming To Terms

3rd person pov

Ever since that day when the bandits attacked, Josuke hadn't come back out. He might have done it just so he could protect the town, but Y/N never knew any of this happened.

It had been a few a while since the event, Y/N had gotten better with his Hamon but had no idea how to manifest his stand, or if he had one in the first place, although there was a loud splash from a lake.

A groan came from it as Y/N got up, looking around as he dripped with water. Jonathan stood there as Y/N pulled himself out the lake, shaking himself off before he let out a breath.

Jonathan: You were close, but instead of focusing it on your legs, you need to focus the Hamon on the bottom of your feet

Y/N: It's hard...

He mumbled, standing up as he focused his breathing again, going over to the water he placed his foot on it, however it sank in slightly.  Despite that Y/N began to walk on it slowly, his frown turning into a smile.

Sadly, his foot sank from the next step, Y/N falling back into the lake and groaning as he got back up. It wasn't deep, only going up to his midsection but it was still annoying to keep failing.

Shaking his head to get the water out of his hair, Y/N heard something ahead of him, in the woods. He waded through the water, going into the woods as Jonathan watched him in confusion.

He called out for Y/N but the boy didn't respond, too curious as to what it was he saw. As Y/N stepped into the woods he looked around, seeing someone running away from two people.

Y/N followed, his Hamon infused muscles allowing him to run faster then a kid his age should be able too. Soon coming across the two with their backs turned from him, he looked to what they were looking at.

It was a young girl, she had her back against a tree as one of the people held a weapon in their hands. He was shocked by this sight, but he got up jumping onto their back and grabbing their hear.

Hia hands crackled with Hamon, the man's eyes rolled into the back of his head before he fell and Y/N landed on his feet. The other person looked to Y/N before pointing their gun at him.

They fired a bullet as Y/N raised his arms in defence but he didn't feel anything, lowering his arms he saw that the girl had knocked it out their hands before knocking them out with an umbrella?

Y/N: Thank you... and are you okay?

The girl looked to him, Y/N being able to see she was around his age. Her hair was brown but her eyes were both brown and pink, changing sides when she blinked which confused him.

She placed her right hand near her lips, lowering it and smiling at Y/N as he had no idea what she was doing. Going over to the people Y/N flipped one of them onto their back and saw VSD on their body armour.

Looking back up the boy saw that she was gone causing him to look around, not hearing or seeing anything which resulted in him sighing before throwing their weapons away.

Jonathan: Mind explaining this?

Y/N jumped, letting out a breath and placing a hand against his chest as he turned to Jonathan who was looking at the unconscious people on the ground with curiousity.

Y/N: They were chasing this girl, and then cornered her with weapons so i... knocked one out with Hamon before she used an umbrella and knocked the other one out

Jonathan: People cornering young girls like this, they mustn't have honour. Leave them here, we can't do anything... but i'm proud of you for defending her

Timeskip

Standing still Y/N struggled, his eyes glowing with a blue gleam as he tried to summon Stone Free. Giorno watched over him, Jonathan not being able to help as he didn't know how to use his stand either.

Giorno: Activate your aura and focus on the image of Jolyne's stand

He did so, there being a space beside him which looked slightly distorted. A gold flicker surrounded him before it disappeared and a shorter version of Stone Free appeared beside him.

Gasping for breath Y/N hunched over with his hands on his knees, it being difficult for him although Giorno smiled lightly at seeing the stand beside him, it's head turned to him.

Giorno: Hmm, it seems to be weaker then when Jolyne could use it due to your age. As you grow up, it should get stronger

The boy looked over to see the stand beside him, his eyes widening in surprise. Taking a moment he pinched himself, wincing softly as he saw that where he pinched was a light red.

Y/N: I really don't have an aura like this...

Giorno: That seems to be the case, but from my experience stands are immune to everything that isn't an attack from another stand, but this might be different

Y/N: Huh? What do you mean?

Giorno: When i was alive, before... everything reset, auras, semblances and Grimm weren't a thing. Maybe this is the result of the universe resetting

He mumbled the last part so Y/N was unable to hear what he said. Recalling Stone Free his aura returned and Jolyne reappeared, leaving his body and turning to Y/N.

Jolyne: Congrats, i knew you could do it

Y/N: Thanks, Jolyne!

He smiled at her causing her to crack one before she was reminded of someone, her smile began to fade as she turned which confused him slightly as to what was wrong with her.

Giorno: Anyway, you want to become a Huntsman, right?

Y/N: Oh, yeah! If i'm going to fight whatever's coming, like you guys said it might, i should go somewhere to train me

Giorno: Well, you should start to study for it then, and keep up with what we're teaching you

The young boy nodded, going off to do his own thing as the former mob boss turned to Jolyne and saw her face. He placed a hand on her shoulder causing her to turn to him,  curious.

Giorno: You're not alone in how you feel. I wasn't able to defend everyone

Jolyne: You don't understand. I sent Emporio away to defend him, and the universe was still reset, so i don't even know if he defeated Pucci

Giorno: But i do, with my ability i could have stopped him, but it was also stopping me. I felt drawn to going to Florida, however Requiem negated it, making it so i never went

Jolyne: So... we both failed

Giorno: You can call it that, but then if we didn't, Y/N wouldn't exist

Jolyne: Heh. Maybe you're right, but i can do right by helping him...

(Lemme know what you think)