A New Year

(Should Virtual Insanity's stand cry be Ora?)

3rd person pov

Ruby: Man, none of these Dust stores have what i'm looking for

The up and coming huntress mumbled to herself, going through the aisles of a store called From Dust To Dawn. Sighing softly the doors opened making her turn to see a tall red headed man in a bowlers hat.

He made his way to the front as Ruby watched from a distance, something about him seeming eerie. The man behind the counter instantly straightened as he shook in fear.

Clerk: M-Mr. Roman, sir. I-I presume you're here for the dust

Roman: Right you are, now please hand it over, i'm a busy man

The clerk nodded, reaching beneath the counter and taking out a suitcase. Taking it from him Roman opened it to see vials of dust before his calm expression dropped slightly and he took a deep breath.

Roman: I thought i was very clear that i wanted Dust crystals, not refined dust

Clerk: I thought i-it'd be fine, there isn't much you can d-do with-

The vampire raised a finger, the store clerk shutting up before Roman took out a dust crystal from his pocket. Jamming it into his right arm both Ruby's and the clerk's eyes widened in shock as to why he'd do that.

Rolling his arm Roman pulled back his arm, quickly thrusting it forward as a bolt of lighting from the dust crystal planted into his arm shot out and struck the clerk making him fall to the floor.

He spasmed, unable to move or speak as his brain had been fried and left him incapable of any higher thought or actions. The vampire snapped his fingers as a group of zombies quickly jumped inside and smashed the windows.

Roman: Grab all the dust you can, we have a kingdom to take down!

Zombie: Sir, there's a human

Pointing to where Ruby was hidden the girl froze, Roman walking over and simply pushing the shelves out the way. Upon getting close the vampire smirked before the girl pulled out her Scythe.

She aimed it at Roman, firing as she launched herself out the shop and landed with a spin. The vampire looked to the bullet in his chest, simply huffing as it was pushed out while the wound healed.

Some zombies rushed at her, Ruby used her semblance to dash past them. She stopped with her scythe blade pressing against one of the zombies before she fired, slicing them in half.

Halting her eyes widened in terror, not thinking that would happen as the girl stared at the zombie which slowly looked up to her as it bared it's fangs. Suddenly someone dropped down, their foot crushing it's skull.

?: Incapacitating them won't do the trick, only sunlight, destroying the brain or Hamon will

She looked to see a tall and fairly well built man, his hand crackled with Hamon which she thought was electricity. Two zombies rushed at him causing him to deploy a shield, stopping one as he jammed his elbow into another.

It began to glow with an orangish light, crying out in pain as it evaporated. Sending Hamon through his shield he destroyed the other vampire and quickly folded up his shield as he struck a pose.

?: Was the pose really necessary, Y/N?

Y/N: What can i say? You taught me how to stand out, Coco

A woman in mostly brown with a beret walked up, holding a hand bag as she glanced up to see an airhsip with the Beacon symbol on the side flying away before she looked around them.