Challenge To Truly Prove

(Here's a normal length chapter again, sorry about last two being shorted)

3rd person pov

A sigh of relief escaped Y/N as he stretched his arms, being able to finally go around properly again. Classes had finished for the day for most, however he felt someone tap his shoulder from behind.

Turning he saw Yang and Ruby, although only recognised the younger of the two, which made him smile. Yang wasn't convinced that this was Y/N, so Ruby was here to prove it.

Ruby: You are Y/N, right?

Y/N: That's my legal name

Ruby: Then... what's our mom's name?

Y/N: Summer Rose

Yang: How the hell do you know that!?

She looked to him, confused but she hid it behind anger, not wanting to show her confusion. It took Y/N a moment before he snapped his fingers, realising who she was from her hair and eye colour.

Y/N: Yang! Man, you've changed. It's good to see you again though

He patted her head, Ruby's eyes widened as the hot headed teen's hair fired up and her eyes went red. She quickly threw a punch at him, hating having her hair being touched although it was grabbed by something.

They all looked to see Virtual Insanity's arm had come out and protected him, blocking her punch as Yang's arm shook as the spectral arm held her fist in place before he stepped back and his Stand disappeared.

Ruby: She kind of... hates having her hair touched

Y/N: Ah, really? Sorry 'bout that then

He rubbed the back of his head, wearing a nervous smile before a glimpse of his star shaped birthmark could be seen. Yang's semblance faded as her eyes widened, freezing in place.

The bell rang before Y/N turned to look at one, quickly apologising he left as that bell signalled that if you took extra lessons you had to go and attend them now. Yang slowly looked to Ruby as the teen disappeared from their sight.

Yang: Th-That was... that was him

Ruby: Yeah. Maybe we can catch up with him later?

With Y/N he made his way to his dorm and put his regular outfit on before leaving and going to the roof. As he did he passed Jaune who bumped into Cardin and cowered slightly, although the teen didn't see.

Once he reached the roof Jonathan appeared, Y/N looked to him curiously as to why he suddenly came out. The spirit let out a breath despite not needing to breath and looked back at him.

Jonathan: I want to see if you're ready. Grab me arm

Hesitantly the teen did, grabbing onto the spirit before they disappeared into a dark room. Ahead of them was a door as a small fire was behind them and the glass ceiling above them was shattered.

Y/N: What is this place?

Jonathan: When you're not thinking of a location, or whatever you want to show someone while using your stand, the affected can take you to a place in their memories

Y/N: That's... interesting. But that didn't answer my question

Jonathan: Through that door should be a challenge. I want to see if you can over come it, and prove that you have surpassed me

The teen looked over to the door as his hands tensed slightly. Taking a breath he pushed the door open to see a man in old looking clothes, his hair blonde as an air of menace surrounded him.