Trying Harder

(10k reads... oh damn, that was fast. Sorry this was late)

3rd person pov

Johnny had got Y/N back to his dorm last night, when waking up the next morning they decided to not tell Ozpin as that would only make things harder to catch whoever that was.

Attending his first class Y/N sat with his teammates although Velvet was on the other side him him, Yatsuhashi and Coco in between two of them which upset the teen as Velvet was still nervous around him.

Oobleck: Greetings students. My name is Doctor Oobleck, please respect the title and refer to me as such!

He gestured to a PHD he had framed on a wall before standing up straight with his arns behind his back, soon zooming to his desk and picking up a travel mug of coffee and taking a swig.

Oobleck: Today we'l starting our course on the Faunas civil rights group, better known as the White Fang, and their downfall to what they are today. Now, can anyone tell me the former leader's name?

Random Student: Is it Ghira?

Oobleck: Indeed! Although he had kept his last name secret for privacy reasons, an understandable action. They had began to start peaceful protest, demanding equal rights for Faunas as humans also have...

Timeskip

Coco: Well, that was... boring. I mean, we already know all that stuff

Yatsuhashi: Yes, but a refresher can never hurt

Coco: True, but what does hurt is all of your clothing choices, so that's why we're here!

She stopped outside a store as the other three did the same, looking to it Y/N was nervous. He never went clothing shopping much, but heard that with girls like Coco it took a long time.

Turning around Y/N went to leave but the leader grabbed the back of his collar. She lowered her shades slightly, looking at him seriously before he sighed and slouched over, relenting.

She let him go, the team going inside the store before Coco began taking them through the aisles and shoved clothes for them to try on, it sadly piling on higher then they'd like.

They were lead towards changing rooms, being pushed inside and made to try the clothes on. Y/N sighed lightly before he began to put on the various amount of clothing.

Y/N: Johnny, you didn't see anything last night, right? Like that person's identity

Johnny: No, i didn't. I managed to get their leg with one of my nail bullets, although they've probably healed due to Aura or whatever it's called

Y/N: So no idea on who they are, what they look like, or if they'll tey something like that again... damnit

Johnny: Something's bound to happen again, they're targetting Beacon for a reason

He nodded slightly before Johnny disappeared and allowed him to change. Trying on a set of clothes Y/N raised an eyebrow, questioning why Coco chose something like this before putting on the next set of clothes.

It was an open yellow top that sat over a pale green tank top, red gloves with bearings on his knuckles and brown pants that lead to a pair of leather boots along with a small bandana around his neck. (A/N, basically what Joesph wears when he fights that guy in the desert)

Shrugging slightly he stepped out, straightening the clothes. He looked to see Coco who was trying to coax Velvet out from the dressing room but it was to no avail.

Y/N: What's up with her?

Coco: Seems she doesn't want to model for us

Y/N: Can't really blame her. What about Yatsuhashi?

Coco: He's gone, tried on the clothes then left

Y/N: Damn, that was quick

She turned to him, looking at Y/N up and down before raising an eyebrow as she hummed softly while crossing her arms. This confused the teen, wondering why she was looking at him like that.

Coco: Well, you certainly look better fashion wise

Y/N: That's good, i guess?

Coco: Yeah, yeah i can kind of see what she ment

Before Y/N could ask what Coco ment Velvet slowly stepped out in her new outfit (her huntress clothes). Coco looked at her, smiling slightly as the faunas tugged on the clothes, feeling uncomfortable as the clothes were tight.

She saw Y/N, quickly she went back inside which made Coco look to the teen as he turned away, rubbing the back of his neck. Stepping back into the changing room Y/N but his regular clothes back on, hearing Velvet leave.

Coming out once again Y/N could see Velvet leaving the store which made him sigh softly however Coco cleared her throat making the teen look over to her as she had her arms crossed.

Coco: Look, if we're going to be a team then there can't be any bad blood between members. What's going on with you two?

Y/N: It's... complicated

Coco: So, you two broke up for something?

Y/N: What? No, we've never even dated!

Coco: Fine, if you two won't tell me then i'll make you sort it out my own way

Timeskip

Roman: You were stopped? Who were they?

The mute girl shrugged, not wanting to give up Y/N'a identity for a reason secret to her. Sighing the criminal went over to a large shipping container full of "appropriated" goods and leaned against it.

Roman: Damn, must've had a stand as well... we needed those plans too. Think you can go back in?

A few hours later she walked across the rain again, making sure to go a different route then she did before as to avoid Y/N. Looking around she approached a window, slowly opening it.

Going inside she began looking around, the lights were out in the halls but a few lights came from under doors. She made sure to stay quiet, soom getting to an elevator which she quickly went inside.

It started to go up, but stopped on the next floor which made the mute recall her stand and use her semblance to change her appearance to have brown hair and hazel coloured eyes.

The door opened to reveal Velvet who stepped inside, pressing a button before the doors closed. As it began to move the faunas looked over to the mute girl, not recognizing her.

Velvet: You're late too, right? Must be cold out there

The mute girl nodded as the doors opened for Velvets floor, she came out and turned to her but the doors had already closed and she had gone up. Soon stepping off Neo snuck around a corner.

Ozpin's office was nearby, the things she desired was inside. Seeing a keypad to get inside a frown made it's way to her face before thinking of somthing. Taking the bits of water left on her from outside she splashed the panel.

It short circuitted, the doors opening making her grin as she summoned her stand, her mask appearing once again. Going inside she looked around his desk, pulling out a few drawers.

She found a button and pressed it, a hatch opening underneath the desk which made her crouch down and look at it. Her grin stayed upon seeing what was inside, a stone mask and an arrow with a gold head.

(Lemme know what you think)