04.

Elizandra knocked on the wooden door of the Salvatore's Boarding House, begrudgingly. Brady huffed at her childish manners, and slowly turned his head to her. Elizandra looked back with a glare.

The door opens.

"Oo! The bitterness." Damon comments with a growing smirk. Elizandra rolls her eyes and shoved past Damon. Brady just nods to Damon as he entered the house. Elizandra stopped at the doorway of the study room with her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"So, who in here drinks blood?" She asks the occupants.

"I'm all water and vervain." A blonde boy waved his hand in the air.

Caroline lightly scoffs and stands from her seat on the couch. "Look, Elizandra, I'm not so pleased to be working with you either, you lied to me, but we have a common goal here so..." Caroline extended her arm to the side, gesturing for her and Brady to sit.

"I never lied to you," Elizandra innocently bats her lashes, "I simply withheld information from you."

Before Caroline could retort back, Damon jumps in.

"So, going to tell us why Caroline witnessed you," He wiggles a finger at Brady, "turn into a ridiculously enormous type of shapeshifter that's supposed to be extinct?" Damon bluntly asks while pouring two glasses, and handing one to Brady.

"Actually, back up." Elena raised from the couch and stood beside Caroline, "What is a direwolf?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know too." Caroline shyly added.

"Well, when the first vampires were created—The Originals," A new voice joined the conversation. Stefan had entered the room, "Nature disapproved, or similarly, the witches, opposed of this. The werewolves begged for their help and the witches answered their pleas. They composed a new species." Stefan's eyes had moved from each person in the room as he spoke, then lastly landed on Brady.

"A Direwolf." Brady continued. "A faster and stronger species than your average werewolf."

"And larger." Elizandra took the floor, "Their sole purpose of existence was to protect the werewolves from the vampires. They exceeded at that. The vampires rarely confronted them since. At least for a period of time. Direwolves are short in number so, as for 'being extinct', we're just good at hiding."

"Mm." Damon hummed amusingly, "Apparently not 'cause now you've got a big ol' target on your back from The Original Family."

Elizandra lowly growled and shot daggers with her eyes, "I really want to rip your head off — "

"Elizandra ... " Brady warns and Elizandra stands down.

"Is that why you're here, then? Klaus turned a werewolf into a hybrid and now you want revenge?" Caroline asks. Brady shifts his posture and Elizandra furrows her brows.

"What?" Elizandra spat.

"Caroline, what're you saying?" Brady asks.

Caroline's mouth parted, "Oh ... that's not why you're here."

"What is she talking about?" Elizandra looked at each of the others.

Elena spoke up, "Our friend Tyler ... he's a werewolf, and Klaus turned him into a hybrid."

"How can Klaus make hybrids?" Elizandra asks.

"Long story short?" Caroline takes this one, "He feeds a werewolf his blood, kills them, and when they come back they need to feed on Elena's blood to finish the transition."

"What's so special about your blood?" Elizandra interrogates Elena.

Elena sighs, "The blood of a doppelgänger."