09.

A cup of hot coffee was placed in front of her. Elizandra had her head in her hands; sitting by herself at a booth in a diner just twenty miles outside of Mystic Falls. It was currently 7:33 in the morning and Elizandra hadn't slept since she received the chilling call last night at Klaus' mansion. She had went home right after to pack some things for her drive to Seattle. She had called her friend, Zaiyah — who was watching over Aidan for her —only to find out that she had been murdered. Elizandra could only guess it had to be Milan.

Elizandra's eyes flickered from the coffee that was just placed in front of her, and looked up, only to roll her eyes and groan at the man standing at her table.

"Coffee?" The infamous accented voice had it's groggy morning tone but still found a way to leave a funny feeling in Elizandra's chest that she chose to ignore.

"What're doing here?" She spat.

"You seemed so distraught last night." Klaus responds; still standing.

"So you followed me?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Her face relaxed a bit, but says, "I can really rip your head off right now and not care how many people are around to see."

"No, you won't." He so confidently remarks with a small smirk on his lips.

"And how're you so sure, hm?"

"Because, by the looks of it, there's a more pressing matter on your plate."

He was right, and she hated him for that. She simply rolls her eyes and grabs the cup of coffee. Klaus smiles and takes the seat across from her. She brings the cup to her lips and smells it.

Klaus frowns at her actions. "Larkspur-free."

Her eyes flicker to his. She almost felt bad he caught her checking the coffee for poison. It had been her first thought, truthfully. But, he is Klaus Mikaelson after all.

"Hm," She hums. She averts her eyes, and takes a sip.

"Where are we headed, love?" He asks nonchalantly whilst brushing some bread crumbs off the table.

She almost choked on her coffee. "We? No." She shakes her head while chuckling. "Thanks for the coffee and checking up on me, but this is my business. So, you can head back to Mystic Falls where Dumb and Dumber are failing to compose a plan to kill you and your family."

Instead of lashing out, Klaus grins even more; finding her demanding-attitude attractive. "So defensive."

"I'm not defensive!" She snaps and furrows her brows.

"Elizandra, let me help you. Whatever the matter is I'm sure I can be of good use."

She takes another sip. She knew he'd be able to help her. Aidan's life was on the line,and with an Original's help there was more of a chance he'd live.

Elizandra lowly growls in defeat, "Fine. But we do this my way."

Klaus grins, "Of course, love."

☾ ✶ ☽

"So, this Milan woman has your boyfriend captive and we are going back to your hometown to rescue the damsel?" Klaus sums it up.

"I can't believe I'll be stuck in a car for over forty-two hours with you." She says under breath. She catches his stare from her peripheral vision. "Oh, did I say that out loud?"

"Oh, come on. This will be fun." He mocks.

"Just last week I almost had you killed, twice. Or three times. I can't remember — point is: this," She gesture between the two of them with her finger, "road trip will not change the fact that I will be apart of the plot of your's and your siblings' deaths."