11.

☾ ✶ ☽

☾ ✶ ☽

Leaving Washington was a difficult task but Elizandra masked her emotions. The last person she'd want seeing her cry was Klaus Mikaelson.

She had her feet kicked up on the dashboard with her dark sunglasses covering her eyes and the radio at a high volume playing a mix of Green Day, Cage the Elephant, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"In my past, bittersweet there's no love between the sheets, taste the blood broken dreams." Elizandra sang in the most monotonous voice, with her head resting against her hand. Klaus wasn't familiar with the music nor was he fond of it but he allowed her to express herself however she'd like.

Suddenly, she raises her head and looked out the window. Klaus glances at her.

"What is it?" He questions her. Her hand flew to his upper arm and gripped it.

"Pull over!" She demanded like a child who'd seen a candy shop. Klaus swerved onto the shoulder — well, the side of the road. It was a seemingly endless two way road with the green woods on either side. "Let me show you the greatest therapy." She exits the car and stretched her limbs. Utterly confused, he exits as well and meets her on the other side of the car.

"The scenery?" He questions.

"Come on, Klaus. You're a wolf too. You don't feel the urge to take advantage of beautiful woods like these?" She begins to take off her black jacket and throws it on the hood of the car while kicking off her boots. Klaus scans both sides of the roads.

"There could be anybody watching." He warns her but something about the eccentric look in her eyes told him nothing could change her mind. This was the release she needed.

Klaus heaves a sigh and holds out his palm for Elizandra to lay her necklace after unclasping it. She smiles.

"Your clothes?" He asks with a straight face and his brows raised. She smirked.

"Look, Klaus I know we've been on the road together for a day already but I'm not undressing until the third date." She teases him and he rolls his eyes, "I have an extra set in the back, chill." With that, she sprinted off into the woods and leaps into the air; transitioning into her red and brown Direwolf. She landed on her fours with a heavy thud causing the dirt to fling in the air. Klaus's lips parted as he watches the large Direwolf in awe. She was truly captivating and he'd admit it a million times.

She wasn't to be seen for a whole five minutes but he wasn't worried in the slightest. He knew how free it felt to run as a wolf. It was one of the most thrilling feelings in his immortal life.

He gathered her clothes and jewelry and neatly set them on the passenger side of the car.

Suddenly, the atmosphere was filled with a heart clenching howl from the distance. It was mournful. Klaus listens to it intently.