18.

☾ ✶ ☽

☾ ✶ ☽

    Caroline turned down the stove and hurried to find something to fan the smoke before the alarm went off — too late.

Elizandra had been awake in her room the entire time, listening to Caroline struggling to prepare the perfect breakfast. Elizandra had been texting Brady from her new phone — finally, she might add.

She could tell Brady was amused as well, listening to Caroline cursing at herself.

Elizandra
Maybe we should go down now before she burns the place

She texts Brady. She slipped on her furry slippers, her hoodie, and exited her room.

"Smells wonderful, Care!" Elizandra mused as she descended the stairs.

"Ha ha!" She mocked. Elizandra and Brady entered the kitchen. They expected burnt pancakes and muffins, but instead the kitchen island contained so much breakfast goodies and fresh, cut, washed fruit to top their waffles and pancakes. "I burned the last batch of muffins." She frowned.

"I think this is more than ... enough," Brady eyed all the food before him.

"Well, when I researched Direwolves, I read that you guys eat a lot. Like ... a lot, a lot."

"Now that's definitely true." Elizandra points at her and walked over to the cabinet to grab plates. Caroline giggles and grins widely. She sits across from Elizandra and began making her plate. "So, my Direwolf bestie, what's on the agenda today?"

Elizandra gave her a pointed look, "School?"

Caroline made an o-shape with her mouth, " Right." Her shoulders slump as she took a bite out of her bacon.

☾ ✶ ☽

    Caroline and Elizandra carpooled to school. When they exited the car they noticed the  increased security on campus.

"Have you heard from Tyler?" Elizandra asks as they walked up to the school's building.

Caroline knelt down and picked up a piece of paper off the floor, "Not since last night. But, I think they're releasing him today ... hey, look at this." She shows Elizandra the paper. She takes it from Caroline and reads it.

"Curfew?" Elizandra scoffs, "So we're that type of town now?"

"Tyler did get shot in front half the town."

"If only they knew what was really going on." Elizadnra's mind drifted off the subject and to somebody who's been occupying her thoughts, "So ... I'm guessing Klaus left town after Bonnie brought him back?" She tried to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"Yeah I guess. No one's seen him. Fortunately, " She spat.

"Hm," Elizandra hums but the pang in her chest was not dismissible.