06.

☾ ✶ ☽

☾ ✶ ☽

Elizandra ran to the backdoor; her hand lingering on the doorknob debating if she should take this on herself.

"We can't get inside! But you knew that already! I guess, we'll just find a way to get you out!"

She heard the flicking sound of a lighter.

"Oh, fuck. Okay, okay!" She swung the door open and leapt off the porch, transitioning into her wolf in mid-air. The two hunters sped to the back of the house where the female Direwolf greatly stood tall. The fur on the wolf resembled the color of a chestnut and her eyes burned red.

"There you are." The female hunter grinned menacingly as she whipped out a long, thin, silver cord. Elizandra's large paws kicked off the floor as she leapt into action. The female dodged and swung her cord in return; gashing at the wolf's ribs emitting a burning sensation. Elizandra snarled ferociously at the female. The male sped to her and Elizandra picked up her front paws, slamming him against the ground, then crushed his skull with her jaws — all in under ten seconds. The female slashed her again with the silver cord across her hind legs causing the wolf's legs to buckle under her. Elizandra regained herself quickly and went after the female.

They attacked one another; dodging and jabbing. Elizandra failed many attempts at clawing the female. A scratch or bite from a Direwolf was fatal to vampires. The process of dying from a scratch or bite of a Direwolf was much longer and more painful than that of a werewolf. Not even the blood of a hybrid could save them unlike when a vampire is bitten by a werewolf.

Somehow, the the fight was led into the woods that were located behind Elizandra's house. They were both extremely fast but the female vampire wasn't as fast as the young wolf. But that was just it, Elizandra was still a young wolf and hadn't met up to her full potential yet, and the vampire knew that and used it to her advantage. The female vampire ran to a tree and used it to climb onto a high branch. She was now looking down at the young wolf with a grin on her face.

The wolf circled, her head held high as she stared up at the woman. Here and there she'd jump and snap her jaws but the woman kept leaping between trees.

Suddenly, Elizandra's wolf ears caught a figure approaching at a high speed. She was too late to react when a red blur came at her side, knocking the wind out of her.

The young wolf instantly stood back up and looked at the two vampires before her. Her blood boiled at the sight of the red-headed vampire.

"Thought you've seen the last of me, didn't you?" Her cherry red lips formed into a wicked smirk. Elizandra instinctively lunged at her but the vampire acted fast. She grabbed ahold of the wolf's large neck and used all her strength in slamming her to the ground. Elizandra let out a small whine. The girl's left hand was pressing against the young wolf's ribs while the other hand was gripping tight around her muzzle. Milan leaned in so her face was just inches from the wolf's,"You're dead, Elizandra. You and your dick-of-an-uncle. Not just yet. I love a tease." The corner's of Milan's mouth turned upwards. In a blink of an eye, the two females disappeared into the night.

Elizandra eventually dragged herself to the back porch and transitioned back to her bare human self. She ended up in her bedroom's bathroom to clean up. Her ribs were broken and she had red marks on her body as a result of the vampire's silver cord that must have been laced with Larkspur.

Vervain is poisonous to Vampires; Wolfsbane to werewolves; Larkspur to Direwolves. Nature had to put a balance in the universe following the creation of Direwolves.

Her wounds would heal pretty soon which she was relieved for but it didn't mean the pain was tolerable. Her arm was wrapped around her torso as she struggled to dress herself and lay in bed. She had enough for the night. The defeat from her red-headed nemesis, Milan Chapman, took a toll on Elizandra and she knew this was definitely not the last she'd be seeing from her.

☾ ✶ ☽

Introducing
*Drum roll please*
Madelaine Petsch
as
Milan Chapman

Introducing *Drum roll please*Madelaine PetschasMilan Chapman