05.

The Salvatore brothers were bantering down in the basement over a plan to rescue the dear Elena and debating wether they were going to do what Elijah had proposed or daggering him. Elizandra was laying on her back on the couch with her right leg dangling off the side, listening in on their conversation intently with her supernatural hearing.

Suddenly, the brothers fell quiet. They must have caught on that she was eavesdropping. She propped herself up on her elbows and tried listen but they must have been whispering now.

"Don't leave me out of the plan!" She shouted. Little did she know, she'd be a major asset to their plan. Not a minute later she heard heavy footsteps approaching down the hall, and the brothers appeared. The mischievous look on Damon's face and Stefan's averting eyes told her they had come up with something, and she was definitely not going to like it. She frowned and whined, "What?"

☾ ✶ ☽

"I hate the both of you, you know," She ranted through the phone, "and it's not just because you're vampires. As a matter of fact, if you two were mere humans, I'd still despise you."

"Stop whining — hah! Wolves whine." Damon was grinning from the other end of the line. Elizandra's cheeks redden in anger.

"How do you know this will even work? I almost led him to his death just the other night. What makes you think he'd want to see me?"

"It'll only be a few minutes," Stefan assures her from the background, "Just enough time to distract Klaus and for us to get to Kol."

"Oh, Kol!" Elizandra grins but it wasn't a sincere one, "The brother that I attacked!"

Stefan added on, "He won't make a move on you in front everyone in the grill. And frankly ... I don't think Klaus would even let him."

Her head flinched back and her brows furrowed, "How're you so sure?"

"The dude was practically drooling all over you at the Ball." Damon points out like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I really don't see why."

Elizandra's face fell for a few seconds. But shook herself out of her thoughts, "Oh, come on, Damon. I know you want me."

"You're right! I dream about you every night." Damon replied with an eye roll.

Stefan interjected, "The point is, there's nobody else that would be able to distract him like you can. You're our best shot to getting Kol and Klaus apart."

"Yeah, before Brady and I tried to kill him and his brother. How do you know he just won't tear my head off the second he sees me?"

"Uh, we're ... " Damon pauses and looks back at his brother, "hoping he doesn't?" Stefan shoots him a 'really' stare, and Damon mouthed an 'I don't know!'.

Elizandra growled, "If I get killed, Brady won't hesitate to wreak havoc in both your lives."

"I know." Damon quickly responded and instantly ended the call before she could say another word. He looked at his brother and scrunched his nose. "She's a mean one."

Stefan sighs defeatedly.

Elizandra huffed at the three beeps indicating the call had ended. Just in time, because she reached the grill.