20.

☾ ✶ ☽

☾ ✶ ☽

Elizandra rolled her head back to rest against the booth. She was slipping in and out of consciousness. Never even recalling when it started. It was all just a blur. She could hear two voices going back and forth. There wasn't any arguing. It was just Connor speaking to Jeremy. Almost sounding like a mentor, setting Jeremy up for what he needs to hear, not what he wants. Telling him vampires were not his friends and they never will be. There was something about Jeremy and his demeanor. Almost like he was accepting it. And that scared Elizandra the most.

    Elizandra eventually finds her strength to stay conscious when music roared throughout the Grill and the lights were killed. She sat up abruptly in her seat, ignoring the continual burns on her wrists. She hastily looks around; her Direwolf sight allowing her to see clearer in the dark.

"Jeremy!" Elizandra growls. She slightly whimpers; her levels of anxiety only increasing with the intensifying tension in the room and the last of the Larkspur finishing its cycle throughout her system. She tugged at her cuffs and whined furiously.

"Easy."

The very recognizable voice of her uncle was enough to ease her nerves. Elizandra shakily exhaled and back into her booth to shield herself from any harm that was about to come. Knowing her uncle was somewhere near by coming to the rescue and most likely with the others, comforted her. It didn't take very long to see an unfamiliar man sneaking his way in. She could catch his scent. Wolf. And vampire. One of Klaus', she assumed. She watched him take notice of the booby trap set at the front door. He stepped over the line, but what neither of them detected was the platform just below it. Stepping off it triggered one of Connor's bombs; blowing the hybrid away. Elizandra was across the room but she still flinched away as pieces of glass scattered in various ways. She breathed out and looked at the destruction, just as Connor made his appearance carrying a rather large gun.

"Conn – "She screams but was cut off by the release of his weapon. The hybrid was left with a hole in his chest. Jeremy reappears and approaches Connor who was whipping off his jacket and admiring his right arm.

Elizandra then sensed another presence. It was Stefan entering from the bar. Connor takes notice too and pulls Jeremy in as a shield; shooting in Stefan's direction.

"That's it." She mumbles to herself as chaos unfolded around her. She focused solely on the cuffs around her wrists, and began pulling at opposite directions. Her teeth gritted together and her eyes squeezing shut. She had enough of feeling useless and the cuffs were the only thing holding her back at the moment.

The firing stopped and Jeremy calls out for Stefan. The concern in his voice stole Elizandra's attention away from her cuffs. She looks over at the boy who stood on another one of those platforms that blew up the hybrid. Keeping her focus on Jeremy, his life in danger was the drive she needed to break the cuffs around her wrists. She exchanges a quick, knowing look with Stefan.