19.

"And I have to wear this?" Elizandra holds up the apron and eyes it distastefully.

Brady sighs to himself and finishes the last drop of his drink, "You start dating the homocidal, 1000-year old vampire; you start helping me with the bills." He pulls out his wallet and tosses a few bills on the bar counter as a tip for Matt.

Elizandra groans and stares back at him, "Okay one: we are not dating. And two: in what world does that even associate with working?"

"My world ... and also my house. Good luck on your first day." He winks at her and heads for the exit of the Mystic Grill. Elizandra heaves a sigh.

"Hey, it's not that bad." Matt chimed in and chuckled. He took Brady's empty glass and tip from behind the bar and began wiping down the counter.

"Well ... This is my first job, and ..." Elizandra leans in and says sheepishly, "I'm freaking out." She looks at him, deadpan.

Matt leans in, mirroring her and responds, "Your secret is safe with me." He whispers to her and continues cleaning, "Look, everyone's got to start somewhere right?"

''Yeah, I guess." She swipes her work apron off the counter and wraps it around her waist; looking down as she ties it.

"So, what made you decide to start working?" Matt asks.

"Well ... " Elizandra began conjuring a lie in her mind not wanting to bring up Klaus for obvious reasons.

"Klaus." Matt sighs. Elizandra's eyes widen and her head shoots up.

"W-what? No. I just wanted to make my own money. What does Klaus have to do with this?" Her entire demeanor was clearly defensive.

Mat looks back at her with a mix of amusement and skeptic, "What?" He chuckles and nods behind her. "No, I mean ... Klaus." Elizandra turns around and immediately spots Klaus sitting at the far end of the bar counter with a drink in hand, staring at the two.

"Oh." Elizandra hummed and looks back at Matt.

"What's he doing here?" Matt says with such distaste, and throws the cleaning rag over his shoulder.

Elizandra shrugs her shoulders, "No idea. I should go ask!"

"Don't start a brawl in here or I might have to fire you ... on your first day."

Elizandra scrunches her nose. "Won't promise anything." She winks at him, hops off her stool, and headed for Klaus. He takes a sip of his drink and a smile grows on his face. She leans against the counter in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Hello to you too, love." He too leans in and his eyes flicker to her lips. Elizandra tries to suppress her smile and looks over her shoulder to make sure Matt wasn't looking. She then notices Rebekah had taken her previous place, and was talking to an uninterested Matt.

"Well," She looks back at Klaus, "Looks like your sister is trying to mend things with Matt."

"Well, she's desperate for affection."

Elizandra sighs and stands straight, "Because her own brother can't seem to show her any. A family's love is one of the most important things on this damned planet." She sends him a serious glance before heading back to Matt for her first task on the job. Klaus watches her leave him and thinks about what she says. Instead of letting Elizandra's words sink in, he headed for Rebekah to give her hell about Matt.

A long two hours on the job had passed and Elizandra walked to the back office of the Mystic Grill and sat down with a huff. Matt enters seconds after and looks down at her amusingly and crosses his arms.