14.

☾ ✶ ☽

☾ ✶ ☽

Elizandra slowly made her way onto the porch of the Gilberts' Residence. She fiddled with her fingers subconsciously as the events of last night played on a loop in her mind. Last thing she remembered was passing out in Klaus' arms. What was that about? She remembered feeling good there, in his arms. She longed for it. It annoyed her.

    When she came to this morning, Brady had been communicating with the Direwolf pack Aleena was apart of; sorting out the confusion and mess Elizandra felt was responsible for.

    All day she busied herself with catching up on her schoolwork; trying to push away her thoughts that were drowning her. She blasted some Mariah Carey throwbacks before "Always Be My Baby" played and she changed it immediately. So, she replaced Mariah Carey with Cage The Elephant.

    When she finally caught up with all her work, she assumed everyone would be at the Gilberts' or the Salvatore's. There, she could be caught up with everything from last night. She couldn't contact anyone due to Alaric destroying her phone after Damon wouldn't stop calling. She expected Klaus to have left town by now which caused her chest to ache. Who knows when she'd see him again, if ever. It was probably for the better.

    So, here she was, standing before the Gilberts' front door. She was nervous for some reason. Maybe she was afraid to hear that Klaus had really left town without a goodbye or anything.

Elizandra raised her knuckles to the wooden door, but before she came in contact with it, her senses spiked and she spun around. Her nerves calmed when she recognized the familiar man approaching her all while keeping eye contact. She was still on alert though, she didn't know his intentions yet.

"Elijah." Elizandra greeted. She straightened her stance as he stops a few feet from her; standing taller.

"Ms. Beaumont." He nods his head.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have some business with your friends I need to attend to."

"So they're expecting you?" She inquires.

He softly chuckles at her detective demeanor, "Not necessarily."

"Hm," She hums. She crosses her arms as her eyes leave his.

Now, it was his turn to play detective. "Something on your mind?"

Her eyes flit to his. "No," She answers defensively and crosses her arms.

He grins lightly at the Direwolf, "You were excellent at maintaining a steady heartbeat whilst lying before. What changed?" He had a knowing look as his eyes slightly narrowed.

Elizandra flinched her head backwards and stuck her hands in the pockets of her coat, "Don't look at me like that." She turns around and knocks on the door four times, then three times again when she didn't hear footsteps just a second after knocking the first time.