13.

A.N.: Okay, I love this song for this chapter. It's really meant for the end of this chapter. I think you guys will understand where once you get there. I love this chapter personally...

☾ ✶ ☽

Elizandra stirred awake the next morning after receiving a fairly good amount of hours of sleep. Brady, on the other hand, was restless all through the night. Elizandra's outburst last night when he returned home after a week away startled him. He has been gone on a trip for three weeks before and he'd only receive a "what's up" from her when he returned home. Something had happened while he was gone and it irked him every waking hour. He was determined to find out.

Currently, they were on the couch. She had fallen asleep there last night and he made sure to sit by her all through the night. When she awoke it was eleven a.m. She propped herself up and glanced at Brady with a half smile.

"Sleep well?" He asks; his voice more husky than normal. She nods and brings the blanket over her shoulders and her feet on the couch with her knees against her chest.

After a few seconds, he finally asks, "Something happen while I was gone." It was more of a statement than a question. She nods again, averting his eyes.

"Klaus is still alive if that's what you're wondering." She says softly.

"I know. If he were dead, that'd be the only talk around the country — maybe even around the world."

Elizandra had an odd feeling imaging the announcement of the death of a certain Original. She dismissed it.

She inhaled shakily, afraid of the following words about to come out of her mouth, "I killed Aleena." Her voice wavered. It was the first time she's spoken her name since the discovery of her death. Brady only blinked, he didn't want to alarm her by reacting suddenly. He was good at that.

"I heard she was killed. How were you behind it?" He inquired.

"I asked her to watch over Aidan for me ... Milan Chapman got to her."

At the name of their nemesis, Brady looked down at his lap and then straight ahead. The wheels in his brain were turning. "And Aidan?"

"Alive. I went to Washington and took care of everything."

"You confronted her alone?" His voice rose a little and his head snapped in her direction.

She shook her head, "No, she wasn't there. Only Aidan. This was just a warning. She's only getting started, Brady."

☾ ✶ ☽

Elizandra closed her locker when she smelled Caroline's distinctive perfume the second she entered the school. Elizandra was picking up her textbooks to catch up on all the homework she missed when she had left for Washington. She gathered her belongings and let her nose lead her to Caroline. As she passed a certain history classroom, her pace decelerated. Alaric's scent remained. Strongly, in fact. She thought it was odd, but she shrugged it off thinking it was just her mind guilt-tripping her for skipping the goodbyes for him last night. She wanted to go, truly. He was always kind with her even though they interacted very few times.

Elizandra picked up her pace and went around the corner almost too quickly and crashing into Caroline.

"Eli!" Caroline shrieked as her phone dropped.

Elizandra was unfazed and looked at Caroline like she was crazy, "You're a vampire, couldn't you hear me coming?"

Caroline groaned and pouted as she knelt down to pick up her phone, "You're lucky I like you or I would've snapped your neck by now."