Chapter 15-Chocolate bar

*Nathaniel's point of view*

I had finally finished getting everything I needed. I would've been done sooner if Émelie hadn't made me go through some detours. First, she insisted that I get a shirt with a front pocket. She claimed that the jean pocket was really uncomfortable, but I didn't see how. Anyways, it's not like I could've said no to those bright pleading emeralds.

Next, she made me go to the convenience store to buy her a chocolate bar. It's gonna be frickin huge! Is what she had said. And once again, I just couldn't say no. It's funny how much power she had over me without realizing it.

I walked out to the parking lot and tried to find my car.

"The car is in P9," said a little voice.

"What? How did you know?" I said as I redirected myself.

"I actually pay attention," she said smugly.

I finally found my red Gord truck and put the bags in the back seat. I plucked Émelie out from my pocket and placed her inside the cup holder again. She stood up and did the 'gimme gimme' hands. I chuckled softly and pulled out the chocolate bar.

"I hope you plan on sharing,"

"Never!" she said as she struggled to open the packaging.

"Need any help?" I said as I closed my door.

"No, I got it," she grumbled.

Émelie kept trying to open the chocolate bar that was even taller than her. It was so adorable to watch her. I kept trying to offer help, but her being her proud self refused. I checked the time on my phone and decided that she would never swallow her pride. I plucked the chocolate bar out of her hands and ripped the wrapper open. I started the car and handed it back to her.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"I'm sorry what was that short stack?" I smirked.

"You know very well that you heard me," she huffed, taking her first bite of the chocolate.

By the time that I pulled into the driveway, Émelie had only managed to eat half a square of chocolate. I ate the other half in quick bite.

"That was so goood!" she said as I picked her and the chocolate bar up.

I opened the trunk and gazed at all the bags I'd have to carry. I didn't want to accidentally drop Émelie while trying to carry all of them. She seemed to notice this too because she sighed as I gave her an apologetic look before placing her into my pocket again.

"Don't worry, soon you'll be upgraded to shirt pocket!"

"I should hope so," she teased.

I grabbed my bags, filled with both school supplies and clothes. I gently kicked the front door open and walked in. I took off my shoes and walked towards the kitchen. I yelped in surprise as I saw a woman sitting at the island.

She had long, dark curls that reached the end of her shoulder blades. Her skin was a shade of very dark brown with piercing golden hazel eyes. She acknowledged my existence and looked my way.

"Oh hey Mom! Uh... you're home early,"