Chapter 30-Goodbye

Chad followed Lesley through the hallways. She never stopped once until we reached the door to the room Nathaniel was supposedly in. She opened the door, and inside Kepner was stitching up the side of Aiden's head, who was sitting on a metal table, and Marcus was standing against a male bathroom door. But there was no sign of Nathaniel. When Marcus noticed Lesley he brightened immensely and strode over to her. She tossed the baseball bat to the side and embraced him. Passionately. I decided to look away.

"Where's Nathaniel?" Lesley asked after a moment.

"Yeah is he ok?" Chad piped up.

Marcus rubbed the back of his neck.

"He is currently throwing up. Someone gave him a very large dose of anesthesia," he said bitterly.

"I said I was sorry," Kepner muttered, lacing the last of Aiden's stitches.

Lesley whipped her head around and glared at her.

"Well it was better than what Lewis had planned," she stated defensively.

I shivered at the mere thought of Lewis going anywhere near Nathaniel. I was grateful that the worst thing he was doing was throwing up. We heard the toilet flush and, and Nathaniel stepped out of the washroom. My heart fluttered. I never thought I'd see him again. Lesley rushed over to him and hugged him. Nathaniel looked surprised at first, before hugging her back.

"I was so worried!" she said as she pulled away.

"You always are Mom," he smiled.

I nudged Chad in the chest. He looked down at me.

"What?" he asked.

"She wants Nathaniel, dumbass," Aiden smiled.

Chad went slightly red in the face.

"Yeah... of course,"

"Now who's the one getting flustered?" I snickered.

Chad glared at me, but then it morphed into soft smile. He walked over to Nathaniel, who was still reassuring his mom.

"For the last time, no one-" he stopped mid sentence when he saw me.

I gave a small wave. Chad reached out his hands and dropped me into Nathaniel's cupped ones. He brought me to his chest, and I grasped onto his pj shirt to pull myself closer. I never thought I'd here myself say this, but I kind of missed being held like this. Only by him that is. Nathaniel rubbed my back with his thumb in circular motions.

"I missed you, shorty," he whispered.

I punched him in the chest, but I was smiling nonetheless. Marcus coughed behind Nathaniel. He turned around to face his dad, with me still cupped again his chest. Marcus looked at me bitterly for a split second, before looking back at Nathaniel.

"I hate to break this up. But we need to get her out of here. People will notice than she's gone pretty soon. Again,"

"Yeah of course," Nathaniel agreed.

Marcus bit his lip.

"No I don't think you understand. We have to get her out of here. Out of our world,"

"What? But-"

"Your father is right, Nathaniel. It isn't safe for her here. They know where we live, and she still has a tracking device inside her. They won't risk everything to go get her back on earth," Lesley interrupted.

Nathaniel stayed silent. I didn't know what to say either. Obviously I wanted to stay with Nathaniel, but it would be hard having to live in a world where everything is bigger than me. Not to mention I'd still be putting Nathaniel and his family in danger. And, I was starting to miss home.