Chapter 26-Fits of giggles, coughs and nightmares

I winced as the stitches in my left leg tightened. Lesley insisted that she fixed my injuries before she left for work, and it's not like I would've said no to very needed medical treatment.

"How did you get that anyways? That's a very large gash," Lesley questioned when she finished up.

"I lost a game of darts," I shrugged.

She asked me a lot about how I got my injuries, but I kept it vague. I didn't want anyone knowing how easily I got hurt thanks to Lewis. I didn't even mention him by name yet, I just wanted him and that place out of my mind. Thankfully, she didn't press.

"Last thing, can I have a look at your ribs?"

I paled. It would be impossible to hide how I got those bruises. But, they did hurt. A lot. And I knew that the medicine here was way more advanced and would hopefully make them go away faster. I hesitantly raised my/Nathaniel's hoodie just enough so she could see the bruises. A look of guilt crossed her face, before turning into a look of determination. She grabbed a cream from her kit that I've never seen before.

"Apply a bit of this on the bruises. You should start to feel better soon. And don't worry, nothing is broken," she assured.

I rubbed the cream onto my sides. I was relieved that nothing was broken though, I assumed that it would've been more difficult to treat.

"Thank you" I said and handed the cream back to her.

"It's the least I could do," she smiled. "I have to get to work now, but the boys will stay here with you, ok?"

I smiled back at her. Even though she was being very condescending, she was just trying to be nice. And make up for, you know, sending me to the authorities. But, I wasn't mad at her in the slightest.

"Just try and stay off your feet and apply more cream before you go to bed," I nodded and followed her back upstairs into the living room.

Nathaniel, Aiden and Chad were already sitting on the couch, watching a show I didn't know the name to. Lesley gave a quick goodbye before leaving through the garage door. I checked the time, 10:15 pm.

"I'm heading to bed, where should I sleep?" I asked.

"Well Chad and Aiden are already taking up the guest room, so I figured you could sleep with me?" Nathaniel suggested.

"Yeah sure," I could feel my face burning up.

I mean sure I had slept with Nathaniel before, but that was different! I would just stay in the crook of his neck, but now... like I said I felt myself burn up. Nathaniel and I said goodnight to Aiden and Chad. I was about to take the stairs when Nathaniel put a hand on my shoulder.

"Didn't my mom say to stay off your feet? Should I carry you up or something," he smirked.

"I think you've carried me around enough," I smiled and pushed his hand off me playfully.

When we got into his his room, I noticed the guitar still in a corner beside his desk. Nathaniel caught me staring.

"Do you wanna play something?" he asked.

"I don't know... I'm still not sure how I feel about your dad. I mean yeah he's the reason I got out, but he also thinks that humans shouldn't be anything more than pets. And I'm still trying to process that whole thing," I said awkwardly.

"Yeah I'm a little mad at him for that too. But, think about it this way, he can't be that bad because if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here," he smirked and pulled me into a kiss.