Capter 21-Stevens

I woke up the next morning with a dull throbbing all over my body. My stomach felt like it was trying to eat itself, my arms were bruised, my right arm looked worse, my left leg didn't look that bad but it hurt like heck and I was positive that I had broken ribs. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling too swell. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Lewis at his usual spot beside the table. He was looking at something on his phone.

"I hope you enjoyed your rest," he said boredly once he noticed that I was awake.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"I think you know what I want,"

I sighed. I was getting tired of this. At this point, I think I'd rather be dead. But they're still keeping alive unfortunately. I wished they would just get on with it and do what they need to do already. What did they plan on doing with me after I answered them anyways? I mean, I won't ever tell them about Nathaniel, but what would happen if I did?

"Actually I have a question for you," I said as I sat up.

"Is that so?"

Lewis shifted his focus off of his phone and onto me.

"Yeah, what happens when I do answer your questions? I won't be of any use to you anymore so what do you plan on doing with me?"

"Why don't you answer me and find out?" he said smugly.

I rolled my eyes and lied back down. Guess I'll just slowly starve to death then. Lewis's phone beeped and he opened the top of the case. I was too weak to struggle anymore so I just lied still as he lifted me up by my arm. Thankfully it was my left one. He positioned me in a tight fist and I had to hold back tears. He wasn't even trying to be gentle! Then again, what did I expect?

Lewis walked out the door and into the hallway. I had never been outside of the room before, but everything looked the same: all made of metal. The lighting was also very eerie and grey, kind of like a hospital in a horror movie. Lewis kept walking until the end of the hallway then he turned left. He continued in that direction until he finally stopped at a door. He went inside and I was met with a similar room that I was in. There was a metal table in the center of the room with a one sided mirror. But instead of a glass case on the table, there was a black box.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Getting rid of you," he said as he opened the top of the box.

"What? No you-you can't do that! You     s-still need me!" I protested.

I know I said that I'd rather be dead, but now that I was knocking on death's door I felt differently. I didn't want to die! There was still so much I hadn't done! I would never graduate high school, or start a family, or become prime minister! I was dropped inside the box and Lewis closed the lid. The interieur of the box was soft, like faux fur, and it was so dark that I couldn't even see my hands.

I stood up and groped around for a wall. When I found one, I followed it into a corner and sat down with my knees huddled against my chest. After holding in tears for so long, they finally made their way down my face. They could've at least at the decency to give me a quick death. But no, they're leaving me to rot in some box.

"He-hello? Is someone th-there?"

I shot up to my feet. How was a giant talking to me from inside the box? Unless... they weren't a giant.

"...Yeah, hello?" I responded hesitantly.

A bright light was shone in my direction. When my eyes refocused, I saw a man sitting in the corner opposite to me with a flashlight. A human man. He looked to be in his mid to late 40's. He had brown fluffy hair with green-brown eyes. He had a structured jawline and looked as though he might've been handsome when he was younger. He wore a similar hospital gown as mine. He also looked oddly familiar, but I doubt quite place it.